Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Reverb conversion to non-matchmaker?
  • matther01
    Free Member

Would like to convert a reverb to non matchmaker…but struggling to find the right parts.

Has anyone done this and know which parts are needed…or is it a whole new remote lever?

Cheers

shifter
    Free Member

I found a bar clamp at JE James for a fiver.

legend
    Free Member

why not just clamp it to the bars on its own as is?

Rubber_Buccaneer

You need that lumpy bit to go where the brake lever would be don’t you. Comes with a new reverb but no idea whether they are available on their own.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

RockShox Spare parts 2015
    Pages 6-9 should do it, being a bit slow to load here.

legend
    Free Member

Rubber_Buccaneer – Member
    You need that lumpy bit to go where the brake lever would be don’t you

Nope, absolutely fine without

Rubber_Buccaneer

Just cosmetic? Makes sense now I think about it.

legend
    Free Member

Think so. if you actually hung your weight off the torx key while tightening I suppose you could do some damage, otherwise it’s pointless

shifter
    Free Member

Maybe it came on a bike attached to the brake lever and OP wants to mount it separate.

matther01
    Free Member

Yep…currently set up matchmaker style and want it on another bike clamped independently. Checked SRAM guide but the clamp isn’t actually listed as a part, just the nuts and bolts (or I’m being stupid!).

andyl
    Free Member

The clamp is part of the remote and other things bolt to it. Have you looked at it closely?

legend
    Free Member

You realise that the clamp is part of the reverb rather than the brake? To mount it separately you just undo the bolt, remove the brake lever and mount the reverb lever wherever you feel like. You will however need a new clamp for the brake

welshfarmer

I fear you may be having a blond moment. The clamp is part of the remote. The matchmaker part bolts on to the remote-clamp to allow you to hang the brakes or shifter on to it – not the other way round.

matther01
    Free Member

Ah…that explains it! Don’t actually have the bike and planning ahead to remove the reverb. Now I need a brake clamp then! Which I’ve also not been able to find for guide brakes. Will keep looking…

legend
    Free Member

Given that the brake works with the standard matchmaker setup (eg what the reverb is) then these should work fine
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/avid-matchmaker-x/rp-prod40907?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom&gs=1&gclid=COGckvSI-cMCFdPMtAodvBAAPQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

EDIT: the left / right thing only matters if you want to mount your shifter off the same clamp too

matther01
    Free Member

Thanks legend. I did come across this on CRC but wasnt sure. I’ll try the avid clamps to see if they fit or drop SRAM a note.

matther01
    Free Member

Update – SRAM state its part no. A150480F avid MMX bar clamp (stainless bolt T25) Guide/DB5/Elixir 9/7/CR MAG/XO/XX black (1pc)

Available at biketart for £15.99

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Reverb conversion to non-matchmaker?’ is closed to new replies.