Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reverb cable shorten..wow that was easier than i expected!
  • smogmonster

So ive been utterly dreading this part of fitting my new Reverb, mainly because im an utter fool when it comes to anything that involves the use of anything that might resemble a spanner, or pliers, or a screwdriver. You get the gist. Anyhow i had a look on Youtube, found SRAMs video on how to shorten, and thought ‘well, its never gonna be that easy, but what the hell’. Well, after some initial trouble getting the hose off the barb..i was being a bit too timid in trying to avoid damaging the barb…i simply cut the hose to desired length and slowly wiggled the remainder back on. And hey presto! No bleed required, no faff, no mess. Bloody great feeling isnt it?

justatheory
    Free Member

What did you use to cut the hose? I’ve got park cable cutters and was wondering if they’d get a clean cut.

smogmonster

I used cable cutters also, seems to have done the job 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrecker
    Free Member

Even with a bleed it’s pretty easy. Screw on syringe, pull plunger and push remote a few times. Done.

flyingmonkeycorps

I used a new sharp Stanley knife when I did mine. I genuinely couldn’t believe how easy it was (screw fit not push on mine though).

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Cut mine with a sharp stanley knife- went straight through the hose.

I found the tricky bit was threading the hose back on the barb; got a few gouges on the outer. Seems to work fine though!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reverb cable shorten..wow that was easier than i expected!’ is closed to new replies.