Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Reverb cable operated remotes – WHY?
  • philjunior
    Free Member

OK, so I came across one being reviewed on Pinkbike. So far so repeating marketing spiel on a website. But I really can’t see why you’d want to put a cable operated remote on something that is easier to bleed than it would be to change the cable. And the hydraulics don’t get full of muck and stop working.

I saw a reverb stealth on the classifieds at an elevated price justified by the somewhat pricey cable conversion. Do people really hate hoses that much? Do these people still run cable actuated brakes by choice?

Am I missing something?

jam-bo

It means you can use a decent lever. Although they have finally gone some way to deal with this with the 1x lever.

cookeaa

I’m of the opposite opinion, I could never quite fathom why the reverb had to be hydraulically actuated, half the reported failures seemed to be at least in part due to poor bleeding or lever issues, removing a stealth post means disconnecting/reconnecting a hydraulic line, it’s not like you need the sort of force application you do with brakes anyway…

A cable lever can be pretty mechanically simple, without the need for seals or the more complex ratcheting mechanisms of a gear lever, there’s probably not much in it weight or part count wise.

So why did they basically hobble the product with this odd over complicated feature from day one?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Reverb cable operated remotes – WHY?’ is closed to new replies.