Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reverb buying advice
  • MrGreedy

I’ve pretty much decided to take the plunge with a Reverb after using one on a demo bike. Mostly this post is to ask where’s cheap at the moment, but I also have the related questions below:

Do I need a bleed kit?
    Does buying from a UK supplier make much difference in the event of a warranty/repair or does it all go to the same service centre regardless?

Scapegoat

These have consistently shown as the best value.
    http://www.hibike.de/shop/product/pc54b651ca2eaf143d4bbb9e3bca9ac79/Rock-Shox-Reverb-seat-post-Travel-125mm-black-Remote-lever-MatchmakerX.html

Probikeshop.fr sell them a bit cheaper without bleed kit
    http://www.probikeshop.fr/tige-de-selle-rockshox-reverb-telescopique-droite-sans-kit-de-purge-2-aa4/94441.html
    but you’lll need one eventually (epic bleed solutions cheaper than original )

Occasionally you see cheaper deals, but I found they never do the variant I want, or it is always sold out by the time I spot the bargains.

si66
    Free Member

At some point you’ll need a bleed kit but there’s no need to get an original as it’s easy to get an aftermarket one.
    I had a warranty issue with bikediscount.de and they were superb and turned it round in a week
    I’d buy another off them in a flash

carlos
    Free Member

Mate of mine just got a 31.6, 420mm, Left hand plunger with 1500mm hose from Merlin for £161.95. Doesn’t come with a bleed kit but I have one so it’s no issue.

http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-reverb-seatpost-54780.html

Even at £219.95 you can get £21.95 (10%) off it’s cheapest I’ve found at just under £200 delivered

Yetiman
    Free Member

It’s good to have a bleed kit, but you can buy one separately from somewhere like Epic Bleed Solutions so I wouldn’t worry too much if you buy a cheap one that doesn’t come with one.

Bleed Kit for RockShox Reverb Seat Post & 2.5wt Fluid

gogg
    Free Member

Full retail pack from my LBS for £179.95 includes UK delivery.

Apparently they’re clearing them as they can’t make any money on them due to cheap imports/OEM sales. At least that’s what Pete told me when I was in on Saturday.

sandwicheater

Handy to have a bleed kit. I needed it from the off.

Don’t get caught out by which side you want your button. Luckily Wiggle just swapped it for me. Much prefer under the bar on the left so get a right hand one.

Scapegoat

gogg – Member
    Full retail pack from my LBS for £179.95 includes UK delivery.

Apparently they’re clearing them as they can’t make any money on them due to cheap imports/OEM sales. At least that’s what Pete told me when I was in on Saturday.

Yep, and when I typed I the variant I last bought, it came up with “contact us for availability.” So, same price as Hibike, just none in stock .

And the Hibike one is full retail pack including bleed kit.

flyingmonkeycorps

Those Hibike ones look good. Are they usually that price and in stock?

anc
    Free Member

Spotted this deal tuther day 😉

flyingmonkeycorps

Oooh! Are they any good? Should be ok with a 420mm length I think, and I can stick the lever from my broken one on there

gogg
    Free Member

Yep, and when I typed I the variant I last bought, it came up with “contact us for availability.” So, same price as Hibike, just none in stock .

Things tend to be low on stock when they’re end of line in my experience, like the cheap ones on Planet X last week.

According to Pete he’s invested heavily in his till/website system so that they run live stock levels to avoid the “out of stock” email that you get after you’ve paid from so many other online retailers.

flyingmonkeycorps

Well I bought one off Juliesbikes, fingers crossed!

tootallpaul

Also went with Juliesbikes- so thanks to anc.

🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reverb buying advice’ is closed to new replies.