Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Reverb bleed – doing my nut
  • Pook

The main bleed works well, but when I come to do the remote I can’t seem to get all the air out.

The reverb is still sticky. Anyone in sheffield fancy having a go for me?

robhughes
    Free Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsRlj_JJ8t0 😉
    Follow the end bit..

Pook

I got quite used to clicking the replay button earlier….

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Told you pook it tried for weeks and could never get the remote fully bled.

Sold it and got a Lev. It’s awesome.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I really don’t know what to advise, other than making sure that the bleed port is easily the highest point in the system. I’ve had to bleed mine 3 times over its lifetime and it’s been dead easy every time- if only Avid brakes were so quick and painless. The post flies up if I want it to. I wish I had some more useful advise to give. Sorry.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s not supposed to be difficult! And a bit of air isn’t a critical problem (compared with brakes). If its still not working I’d investigate other causes.

passtherizla
    Free Member

could be sucking air between the syringe and the bit of tubing… mine has done this before.

butterbean
    Free Member

Sold it and got a Lev. It’s awesome.

Then when it breaks, you can’t get it fixed at all! Hurrah!

Pook

passtherizla – I’m pretty sure that’s it, I also could do with another pair of hands!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Are you sure it needed a bleed? I was thinking that and about to do it when the seat was not popping back up very well, and someone said just check the air pressure. Sure enough it was way down. Pump it back up to the exact pressure with a shock pump, all good as new. Several people I know found exactly the same.

Make sure the seat is all the way up, and pump to bang on 250psi.

You’ll note their instructions give dire warnings not to touch the air. Ignore that. No one knows why they’ve said that other than to cover themselves. Just don’t pump it over 250 and it should be fine.

Pook

I’ve replaced the button so needed a bleed, but will try the air – cheers

richmtb

Yeah check the air. Mine had lost a few psi and pumping it back up to 250 made a difference. Also check the terminations on the cables. If either end of the cable has pulled itself a little off the barbs its possible for air to leak in there. This will make it really hard to get a good bleed.

Sodajim

Have you adjusted the position of your remote lately? Unbolt your remote from the bar and try it again.
    I tweaked my controls and then couldn’t work out why my reverb was almost impossible to compress and extend. Checked the seat clamp, the air pressure and when that didn’t work bleed it. With the clamp in the bleed position it was all good so I though that’s great its sorted, returned the clamp to where it was and the same thing happened!! It seems the hose may have had a slightest twist because I rotated it just a few degrees from where it was and it worked perfectly, thought it certainly didn’t feel like there was any real twisting going on originally.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Pook if you need me to pop round to hold stuff I’m happy to oblige.

ninenailspete
    Free Member

could be sucking air between the syringe and the bit of tubing… mine has done this before.

Stick a small zip tie round the tube and do it up really tight – that should pretty much stop the problem.

passtherizla
    Free Member

used some really small jubilee clips for extra hold.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Reverb bleed – doing my nut’ is closed to new replies.