Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reverb bleed and questions
  • mrl

I have a brand new reverb which I have shortened the hose on and the bleed the system. However despite bleeding as instructions 4 times I don’t think it is working properly.

There is no obvious difference between the fast and slow settings. Both are slow compared to the ks lev I have on another bike. Additionally I need to push the button in a long way and have to maintain quite a lot of pressure. The pressure is set to 250 psi.

Any ideas other than keep bleeding until it works? When I create a vacuum at the actuator end, pulling up on the syringe, this causes the button to pull in. Does this mean there is still air in the system? If so how do I get it out?

creamegg
    Free Member

was it working before you cut the hose? If so then you cant be bleeding it right, you must be missing something. Have a look at the Rockshox videos on you tube. I found the bleed procedure of the reverbs very easy

hamishthecat
    Free Member

before bleeding make sure you have the remote speed adjuster turned fully as per the instructions. I think it’s to the fully slow setting.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

or follow the instructions on epic bleed solutions website. They’re very good and worked a treat for me. Dont pull up on actuator end syringe too much, as I think that introduces air into the system. I concentrated on pushing on the opposite end syringe whilst not trying to pull too much. Also when you’re finishing the actuator bleed make sure you push the syringe in with the speed controller set to the slowest position as I think that gives the maximum volume of oil in the system

mrl

Thanks for the replies. I did not try it before I cut! Did he bleed with the speed at slow as instructions . Will take a look at the epic site. The bleed seems very easy and I cannot see what I am doing wrong. Really wish I had tested it before I cut!

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry. It sounds exactly how mine was behaving until I bled it yesterday using the epic instructions. Follow the epic instructions to the letter and I bet it’ll fix it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Have you pumped air into the post itself?
    Bleed as per rockshox / sram video on YouTube, slowest setting for remote , and check the bolt is tight where the hose goes into the post , as sometimes that is loose and can leak oil/ let in air

Edit sorry you have set the pressure

mrl

Followed the epic bleed instructions twice, no difference. Went back to the sram instructions and tried again. No luck. The speed dial actually slows it dow which is really odd. Any other suggestions before it gets posted offie a warranty inspection?

tillydog
    Free Member

When I create a vacuum at the actuator end, pulling up on the syringe, this causes the button to pull in. Does this mean there is still air in the system?…

No.

Just before disconnecting the last syringe, push it down to get as much oil into the remote as possible and force the button out as far as it will go.

The button has quite a long travel.

The speed dial actually slows it dow which is really odd.

Are you turning it the right way? (There is an arrow engraved on it showing fast/slow directions)

dufusdip
    Free Member

Had similar issues with mine. Didn’t matter which way adjuster was turned or whether the button was above or below the seat post.

Not sure which end you cut it but mine i had to route part through to tube and turned out the barb at the seatpost had a tiny weep. Would hold for about 1 ride but then the return would slow down gradually and stop working.

I’d suggest a new barb or, at handlebar end, recut 3cm off the hose and screw back in keeping a firm pressure on the trigger whilst it cuts the thread into the hose.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reverb bleed and questions’ is closed to new replies.