Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reverb and steel frame
  • Cowman

Having in the past spent a good fortnight drip feeding plus gas into a stuck Ali seatpost steel frame combo are there any issues with reverbs similarly getting stuck.

Should I be taking it out and cleaning it every month or so?

Don’t want it to get stuck, if (when) it breaks!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I used some copper slip on mine when installing. I still have the quick release lever on it, so occasionally, I just undo the lever, and give it a twist in the seat tube. No need to remove and clean.

davewalsh
    Free Member

No issues with mine in 3 years, used carbon paste on assembly and move it occasionally to make sure it doesn’t seize.

mindmap3
    Free Member

No issues with mine so far, but I’m only seven months it and it does come out from time to time to check the pressure.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

slight hijack before replicating thread, but what should be used with alloy post in titanium frame?

I’m guessing nothing needs to be applied to titanium bars in alloy stem?

TIA 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

No issues with mine in 3 years, used carbon paste on assembly and move it occasionally to make sure it doesn’t seize.

Same here!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

slight hijack before replicating thread, but what should be used with alloy post in titanium frame?

I’m guessing nothing needs to be applied to titanium bars in alloy stem?

The problem you’ll have with alloy components in a ti frame is they get eroded away by electrolysis. Lots of Ti-prep is the solution.

Seems a lot of effort to go to when you could have just bought a Kona Process off the shelf half price.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Ti prep, yes that was the type I was racking my brains over.

ta.

iainc

+1

Cowman

Carbon paste in a steel bike, to act as a slight barrier??

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You need the carbon paste to stop the reverb slipping without needing excessive clamping force, carbon paste is just grease (of a type that won’t attack and weaken the ‘plastic’) with grit in it to provide friction.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reverb and steel frame’ is closed to new replies.