Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reverb And Seatpost Shim?
  • wisepranker
    Free Member

I’m thinking about getting a Reverb for the bike and would want to use it on both my bikes. The problem is that one has a 30.6 post and the other a 31.6.

I know that USE do shims for these sizes but can they be used with a Reverb?

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’ve been using the same shim with a Joplin for the last year or so. It’s been fine.

rob2
    Free Member

I use a shim with my reverb. I’ve not died yet 🙂

stevede
    Free Member

I take it you mean 30.9 rather than 30.6? I used a 30.9 command post on my old BFe with a shim as it had a 31.6 seat tube.
    No longer have the bike but still have the USE shim in the shed for some reason, yours if you want it for the cost of postage, email in profile.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Fyi Specifically states in my reverb instructions not to use seat post shims. Dunno what happens if you do, probably nothing.. Or instant death perhaps, who knows.

astormatt
    Free Member

As far as I am aware Rockshox accept the use of a shim 4″ long minimum, which does limit your choices apparently.
    I have a USE on my carbon stereo with Reverb with no problem yet.
    Infact the next carbon stereo up from mine has a Reverb and shim from factory so I would not worry and get it fitted.

wisepranker
    Free Member

Cheers guys, looks like I won’t be needing to buy two then 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reverb And Seatpost Shim?’ is closed to new replies.