Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reverb advice please – which "Gen" or model year?
  • offpiste
    Free Member

Have pretty much decided to go for a Reverb but slightly confused as to what model is what. According to CRC the ones they are selling are 1st gen models, but haven’t 2nd Gen been around for a year or more? And what’s the difference anyway? Is a 2nd Gen a 2014 model or is there not actually a 2014 model? Any advice much appreciated.

mintimperial

I’ve got a mk1 reverb (2011) and a mk2 one (2013). The mk 2 has a different hose connector at the post end, as far as I can see that’s the only difference. The mk 1 is still going strong, 3 years since I got it.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Pre 2012 had internals that failed for some. Under warranty they replaced the internals with the new ones.

Think the old ones came with silver collars, new are black. Though I think it might be an option now, not sure.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I thought there was choice between black and silver collar since 2012. Be good if someone can clarify as looking at various threads there’s conflicting info.

offpiste
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies. So I took the plunge and fitted it yesterday, a couple of things I’m not sure about though. Bike is Specialized 2004 Enduro, so interrupted seatpost. The Reverb sits nicely with its collar right on top of the seat clamp, and my logic said that was good as it is taking a lot of the weight, i.e. don’t need to clamp the post so tightly. Is this ok or should it be mounted slighlty higher, i.e. a gap between Reverb collar and seatpost clamp?

Also re lever mounting, I followed what I thought was conventional wisdom and went for right lever and tried to mount on left. I am running 1×9 so only brake lever on left (current XT). But I can’t seem to get the Reverb button anywhere near the brake without it sitting at a crazy angle, am I doing something wrong or is there an easy solution to this? It’s back on the right for now…

sazter

The post should be fitted at the height that is right for you, so if you need it right down then put it there, if you need it up higher to ride you bike, put it there. The only requirement is the minimum insertion marked on the tube.

The position of the button totally depends on what brakes you’re running, how far in you run them, what angle they are at and where you like the reverb button. Some run it right up to their grips, I like mine inboard.

Mostly it is personal preference and trial & error to find what suits you.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Are you routing the cable on the left as well..because you should if not. When you mean crazy angle how crazy?

Should be something like this…

offpiste
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’ll have another look over the weekend

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reverb advice please – which "Gen" or model year?’ is closed to new replies.