Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reverb advice
  • russ295
    Free Member

Looking at getting a reverb dropper, after a bit advice on which one?
    I have a ghost amr7500 (med) I’m 5’7″
    34.9mm seat post that is showing about 170mm out of the frame when in normal pedalling height.
    I have xt shifters/brakes on both sides (swapped over so the brakes are on the inside)

Would I need 125mm or would 100mm be sufficient?
    355mm or 420mm?
    I’d prefer the control on the left but upside down, what’s the mmx mount?

Any other advice would be great

Cheers

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

On my 420, most of the post is in the frame. But a 355 is sticky for some strange reason. I don’t think there is a fat lot of weight difference. I’d go 420 to be on the safe side.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I think the MMX mount allows you to mount your reverb lever to your Sram shifters but is easily removable.

I run my lever under the bar where it feels more protected because I doubt it would survive many crashes.

With regards to the drop, I guess it depends on how much you drop your current post. Personally I’d go for the 125mm drop because you dint have to use the full drop. At least you’ll have the option.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thepurist

If you’ve only got 170mm of exposed post then you will find that a fully extended 125mm drpper will be longer than that, even at max insertion.

russ295
    Free Member

cheers,
    thats my main concern, fully extended, a 125 might be a smidge too high.

sandal100

If you have 170mm of post showing already then a 125 will be ok surely as the moveable part is 125 + 25 for the collar is 150. So you would have about 20mm of the non moving part showing as we’ll to make it up to 170?? Or have I read it wrong?! The main problem is if the overall length stopped the post going low enough. My Tracer 2 wouldn’t allow the long post to go low enough in the seat tube to be in the right place when in normal riding position so had to get a shorter overall length post

MMX clamp can take a shifter and a brake all on the same mount, if everything is compatible.

thepurist

This thread suggest 190mm min height for a 125 post, 165mm for a 100.

russ295
    Free Member

Just what I was looking for!
    You’d think they would put the specs on the website?
    100mm it is then.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reverb advice’ is closed to new replies.