Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Revelations leaking from top cap
  • Kip

Quick one as I’m meant to be making tea for the child!

Just noticed that the Rev 426 100-130mm forks I’ve been lent have been dripping oil into the kitchen floor from where the bike is hung up by the front wheel.

Coming out of the top cap on the right hand side (not the travel adjust side) but not sure whereabouts from.

Do I just need to tighten something up or is this a sign of something worse? I will be seeing my trusty mechanic tomorrow (as my office is on the top floor of the bike shop, winner!) So I will ask him, just want advice first.

Cheers, off to make Mac and cheese.

Scamper
    Free Member

Had the same recently on my Lyriks. Presume the damper unit is different, but it was a o ring at the top of the damper inside which was a pain to get to and not a normal service item. Quick cheap fix for a fork servicing guru.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Yeah, o-ring under cap needs replacing or top cap needs tightening.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Will be either the larger o ring sealing the damper cartridge in the leg… Or (my bet) would be the smaller o ring sealing the compression adjust shaft. Large o ring very simple fix… Small o ring is trickier (depends on whether is a moco or black box)… I don’t believe it is supposed to be a serviceable part as it’s part of the damper assembly, but I managed to replace it on a pike moco and on my u turn rev blackbox damper. Think I have a bag of o rings for the shaft if it is that if you need a couple (foc)

Kip

Cheers, took a moment to work out what moco was, but got there! This is indeed a moco fork, I’ll get it looked at tomorrow, hopefully a reasonably easy fix for him.

timber

What they said.
    Fed up of rebuilding the MoCo on my old Pikes, but new 26″, straight steerer, 20mm axle forks are limited/non-existent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Revelations leaking from top cap’ is closed to new replies.