Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Revelation U-turn wont go beyond 115mm !!!!!
  • AdamMitchell69
    Free Member

Hi there,
    Got a set of Revelation 426 U-Turns but a cant wind them out more than 115mm or it starts unfastening the stanchion!!
    Any ideas what I am doing wrong??? they are meant to be adjustable upto 130mm

cheers
    Adam

GW
    Free Member

the stanchion isn’t fastened to anything, it’s part of the crown.
    What do you actually mean?
    is the spring retaining bolt (bottom of leg) undoing? or the top cap undoing?
    either way, whip the spring, wind it through the entire range out and it should be obvious whats wrong.

stufield
    Free Member

My set did the same from new. I got the shop to send them back for me, they were repaired under warantee

trailmonkey

Are they dual air ? If yes, then it’s possible that you’ve got far more air in the -ve chamber than in the +ve. First thing I’d do, is let all the air out of both chambers, re-pump so they both have equal amounts in and then check your travel again.

AdamMitchell69
    Free Member

its the top cap (the one thats underneath the U-Turn) that starts undoing once 115mm is reached.

phinbob

OK, take let the air out of your -ve chamber (bottom of the stanchion).

Got all the travel back? if not then they are bust, if yes then you need to find a balance between small bump suppleness and ‘reserve’ travel. The more pressure in the -ve compared to the +ve the better the small bump response but it does tend to suck the fork down a bit.

Whilst the stickers on the legs suggest equal pressures I’ve heard that 0.66x the +ve pressure works well and that’s what I’m trying now.

Also is it me or are the pressures for rider weight a fair bit on the high side?

Wiredchops
    Free Member

As people say, too much air in the neg chamber. Tend not to go near RS air forks now as have seen this happen so many times repeatedly. The seal between the two chambers seems to fail or not take the high pressure under compression. As a result air leaks from high pos chamber into low neg chamber and reduces the travel. Not sure if more recent forks are more reliable but has forever tainted my opinion.

trailmonkey

I’ve heard that 0.66x the +ve pressure works well

Crikey, that’s attention to detail. What’s in your Camelback, an OS map or a log table ? 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

Not good, makes me realise why coils is good.

Not too much to go wrong

retro83
    Free Member

As a result air leaks from high pos chamber into low neg chamber and reduces the travel. Not sure if more recent forks are more reliable but has forever tainted my opinion.

It is usually just an o-ring that is worn. I’ve had several pairs of these forks in regular usage, only time I’ve seen it is when I let the air chambers run dry of oil.

I’ve heard that 0.66x the +ve pressure works well

Yeah if you like your fork to feel heavily preloaded (ie not good IMHO!) 1/1 pos/neg works best as then there is no preload.

Brown
    Free Member

Before you do anything drastic, unscrew the u-turn adjuster (ie. take it off), try your best not to loose more than one of the tiny bearings and give it a clean and a lube.

They can seize quite easily, meaning that when you come along and give at a twirl, nothing happens. So you give it a twist, same result, you turn it hard and the top cap unscrews.

Should take 5 minutes and might fix the problem. If it doesn’t, you’ve only lost the time if takes to have a dump.

Having said that, if it does work, you should probably be thinking about servicing them anyway!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Revelation U-turn wont go beyond 115mm !!!!!’ is closed to new replies.