Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Revelation solo air to coil conversion?
  • leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of solo air Revs that I’d like to convert to coil. I know it’s possible, and have found the coil kit for sale, but can’t find the service manual to do it anywhere.

Has anyone done this conversion? or does anyone have a link to the SRAM tech guides for something like this?

Cheers, Lee

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Been in the sram site? Under tech docs/support there is a show older tick box. Or Google sram tech docs fork name year

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Yes, can’t find anything…

legend
    Free Member

What kit are you using? Normal, dual-position or u-turn?

Basically it’s really easy. Take off all the parts of the air spring (piston, seal head, top cap, spring rod, etc) and throw them in the bin. Drop in new parts (spring, rod, top cap or spring assembly if dp or u-turn), ride bike.

Depending on the spring setup you’re using you’ll need to add a top-out spring/bumper that you may have to put on the shaft for the damper instead of the spring side.

Si at Loco Tuning will provide all the parts you need and the info if you haven’t purchased yet

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Thanks legend. I’ve been in touch with Loco but wondered how easy it was to do myself (I like to think I’m pretty capable). Not sure what kit yet.

skaifan
    Free Member

I did the same conversion on a pit of revelation teams. Dead easy. Spoke to Loco who supplied all the parts and advice I needed. Took about 20 minutes to do and haven’t looked back since.

warpcow
    Free Member

As above, piece of piss. Air out, lowers off, spring out, (rebound shaft out to place top-out bumper if necessary), coil in, lowers back on, bit of oil in and do everything up.

You can use the bit from the service guide about lowers and air-spring removal and the coil change guide for putting everything back together.

qwerty
    Free Member

I’d be interested to hear how you get on with this, cost, items needed etc.

kayak23

qwerty – Member
    I’d be interested to hear how you get on with this, cost, items needed etc

…and weight increase?

legend
    Free Member

qwerty – Member

I’d be interested to hear how you get on with this, cost, items needed etc

As above, for standard coil it’s spring, top out spring, spring rod, top cap. For u-turn it’s u-turn assembly. For Dual Position it’s spring assembly and top out spring. Cost around £65 iirc to do a dual position one a couple of years ago.

Weight increase, 300g or so (again iirc) and absolutely worth it (all you’re adding is the weight of a spring)

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I loved my old bottomless coil Pikes, but these Rev RLs spike something crazy. Have enquired with Si @ Loco regarding the right kit, will post back when I get round to it.

Meh 300g, I’m not a weight watcher these days for a bit of comfort ;o)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Revelation solo air to coil conversion?’ is closed to new replies.