Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Revelation solo air – help please
  • RichT

I have just bought a bike with a 130mm rev solo air fork. The fork sags about 5% into its travel with no weight on the bike. I understand that this is a common problem when the positive and negative chambers can’t equalise. I’ve tried all the tricks – pumping it up to max and cycling the gork, letting all the air out and releasing the air from the negative chamber using the hidden valve. However, it still happens for me at 100psi and my son at 70 psi.
    So is this a problem? Is there anything I can do? Is it a warranty issue?
    Thanks in advance

davros

Exactly the same issue on the 120mm rev on my new(ish) bike. Couldn’t solve it by releasing air from the valve behind the lower nut on the air shaft side and tried the other solutions listed online. Bought a 130mm airshaft and installed that. It still sits at 5% sag but at least I now have the travel intended for the frame.

Warranty wasn’t an option for me as mine is SH, in your case I’d be tempted to return to see what they say.

I’d be interested to hear if it’s a common issue for rev.

iffoverload
    Free Member

Its fine the fork pulling dowm 6-7 mm does not really mean anything,

the dual air will do this as well. if anything it can help soften the topout.

the important bit is how it works when you are riding and it is in its mid stroke.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    qwerty
    Free Member

It’s the dimple getting blocked with grease. An air shaft clean and service using minimal grease and maybe a drop of oil instead should sort it. Warranty if you can. Search on here, it’s happened loads.

argoose
    Free Member

Mine is the same, but as I set sag at 28-30% it’s not an issue.
    Cleared the problem once, tightened bottom shaft bolt with fork half compressed, this gets rid of the negative spring effect when tightening bolt at fully compressed. So when extended with positive air pressure
    fork will try to suck down by 5%. Problem was getting rid of negative pressure in lower leg ment the wiper seal will pop out on full compression of fork.

iffoverload
    Free Member

It’s the dimple getting blocked with grease.

the dual air does this too, but it has no transfer port.

RichT

Thanks guys. Looks like a call to the shop.

garage-dweller

Put roughly the right pressure in it (air chart on the leg). If it feels like it’s indexed, excessively stiff in the early stroke or won’t sag properly then get it to the shop asap. I think you’re on the right track there already.

My Reba’s were total crap for ages. I put off sorting them for ages (couldn’t be arsed with the faff and usual warranty toing and froing at the time) I finally caved after a year and a blown wiper seal and sent them to TF for a fix, service and custom tune.

Diagnosis was a scratched air shaft. £35 of parts (+ the service) and it’s a different and very much nicer fork.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Revelation solo air – help please’ is closed to new replies.