Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Revelation RLT with compression but no remote – options?
  • plyphon
    Free Member

Hello,

So I have a set of RS Rev forks – 2011 I think they are. The remote lockout/compression spool looks like this:

(Not my picture or exact forks but 99% close nuff.)

I’d like to de-clutter my bars and remove the remote. I don’t care for full lockout but I want to set some compression to remove bob.

What are my options?

Converting to a turnkey is quite expensive if I recall.

I’ve read about removing the spring which would be possible – but I’m wondering if it possible to use a zip tie to hold the compression dial wound round partway? Or can you use a offcut of cable with a stop at either end?

Anyone got any tips here? Cheers!

teasel
    Free Member

The now famous PP Guide might help…

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1AoGIWBz4H1YWNhYWRkODYtNzRiNi00YTA1LTlmMjctNmQzOWQwMDdiZGFl/edit?hl=en&pli=1

The cap is around £30 and, if you don’t have tools to disassemble or oil to top up, you can add that to the cost, too.

Edit – there’s another thread where Scapegoat details how to remove the spring but I can’t be arsed to search for it. Lefthand thread for the top cap of the compression tube thing – you can get to the spring and completely remove it.

plyphon
    Free Member

Oh aye – cheers thanks.

I’m hoping to find a free solution before I spend out but that is the ideal result I guess!

philholmes
    Free Member

I got really fed up with my remote not working, so I just removed the spring from the dampery thing and replaced the cable with a lovely ziptie… I planned to buy a cap for it, but this works just fine for me.

plyphon
    Free Member

Ah yeah that actually looks alright ey. Tho I might choose a black zip tie…!

I think I might try the permamantly fixing with a short length of cable with a stop stopping the spring bringing it back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Revelation RLT with compression but no remote – options?’ is closed to new replies.