Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Revelation RLT Ti dual POSITION lack of travel / packs down
  • jamesb
    Free Member

Have been using RLT Ti 150/120 mm forks dual position (single air NOT dual air), they have had a fault which was sorted under warranty (forks packed down despite correct sag / rebound) Rock Shox fixed fault saying that air piston had a scratch on it !!??
    Anyway so forks refiited, air pressure at 130psi (I weigh 85kg), gives sag of about 20% so I think that is set up OK. Rebound at 6 clicks from fastest.
    Out today, very cold day, Maxm travel achieved was 130mm at most today, so reckon air pressure may be bit on high side AND ALSO:

at bottom of a rough steep descent noticed forks had gone down and stayed at about 2/3 rd travel, ie 5cm sag. Its almost as if they were acting as a 120mm fork, and the travel adjust lever was set at the full (ie 150mm) position and clicked over. I also found that with the lockout on, with floodgate at 1 click from locked, that the travel steadily increased as I climbed so that after a few min climbing out of saddle thelockout` gave about 3-4cm travel on forks v 1-2 cm at start of climb.
    Did a little road testtoo, set rubber ring on stanchion, measured sag, about 3 cm. Then rode through a series of fireroad potholes, and checked sag after as I rode along flat surface. Sag had now increased to 4-5 cm. Aslo noticeable oil ring on LH (air chamber stanchion), but not on RHS
    So any thoughts on this? Is it cold weather affecting travel? is it air leaking past the 150 / 120 dual position valve? Whatever less than happy with them at the moment 🙁

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi, sounds like a leak to me, the score in the piston ( air tube?) would be a manufacturing defect I’m guessing, but if they replaced this there shouldn’t be a problems with this.
    I’d get it back to Fishers for another warranty, there wa a post about the older 2 step system and issues with it yesterday.
    So far other than yourself I’ve only heard of one other person who has had a problem with the dual position system.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Revelation RLT Ti dual POSITION lack of travel / packs down’ is closed to new replies.