Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Revelation RLs; Any good?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

I have precious little experience with RS forks, are these (2013 model brand spanking) any good? I’ve been meaning to give RS a fair crack for a while now.
    What kind of difference can I expect from Fox floats? (please no wise cracks about maintenance!)
    Should be a nice match for a 2011 5 spot?
    Also, any experience with monarch shocks? (compared with RP23)

Conan257
    Free Member

I have 2012 150mm RL’s up front and a Monarch RT3 at the back.

Love the Rev’s, great forks at a great price. Mine are Dual Air, think the 13’s are Solo air? Plush, smooth and working well. Havn’t had to service them yet.

RT3, tuned harder than an equivalent RP23. In my opinion there’s little difference when set up in the same fasion, but to get the same feeling you’ll need a light tune RT3 over a medium tune RP23, I think.

wrecker
    Free Member

Thanks Conan. Very helpful.

LoCo
    Free Member

They’re pretty good, dual flow rebound assm in those, compression damper basic ish but ok, remember though the 2013 Solo airs need to have the air assmembly replaced to adjust the travel of the forks.

wrecker
    Free Member

Thank you LoCo. Much difference in feel/damper with the RLTs?
    In what way is the compression damper basic?
    Is there much difference between the 2012 RL dual air and 2013 RL solo air models?
    Thanks again.

LoCo
    Free Member

The rlt has the low speed compression/gate adjuster so a little more ‘tunable’

I meant basic in terms of amount of adjustment, the RCT3 unit has a separte piston on the bottom of the Moco (compression damper) that controls the low speed, these are really good BTW but a little more exspensive but worth it if you can stretch to them.

Other than decals and the solo air system (upper are solo air only so dual air systems can’t be fitted) they’re the same as the 2013, as I don’t believe th’ve adjusted the damper ‘tunes’.

wrecker
    Free Member

LoCo, you’re a star.
    What’s your best price on a 2013 solo rev RL?
    Do you have any 2012 models left?

sprocker
    Free Member

I have 2013 rlt, been on for about 4 weeks, happy so far fairly basic in terms of adjustment but then so am I. Don’t dive to much under braking and are plenty stiff enought compared to other 15mm forks I have had, in fact much stiffer than the 150mm floats.

LoCo
    Free Member

Unfortunatly RS/Fishers only supply RCT3,XX & Worldcups aftermarket, so that’s all I can supply 😐

All the 2012 stuff has gone.

Drop me a mail and I can give you a super quote on some RCT3’s including the usual strip and adjustment/prep. 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

RCT3 are a bit too rich for my taste LoCo.
    The Merlin deals on the lower specced rockshox are going to be difficult to compete with for such a high end fork.
    It’s for a “second” bike, so I really don’t need all bells and whistles.

bigjim

I have a 2013 RCT3 and it feels really lush compared to my 2008 Revs.

LoCo any further news when the solo air assemblies if different lengths will be coming into the UK? Will need to pop mine back to you when they are in, if you aren’t up to your ears in nappies 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi bigjim, showing as due end of Novemeber start of December, you’re on my list to call as soon as they are available, I’ll be back in full time from the 19th Novemeber so they’ll be no issues fitting it for you.

tomaso
    Free Member

I’ve gto 2012 RCT3 and some XX Revs and both are great. Friends have the RLT Tis and the RLs and seem happy enough and seem to be able to find a set up that suits.

From memory the RL Revs at Merlin come in at £270? Which is buttons for such a good quality chassis, but they are OEM forks with basic damping adjustment. I suppose you can’t have it both ways.

wrecker
    Free Member

Fair enough. I bought some 2013 Rev RLs which with discount and quidco come to £305. I can’t complain at that. I’m not much of a messer anyway so “set up and leave alone” suits me perfectly.
    LoCo, I’ll be in the market for a monarch shock soon, so I’ll give you a shout on that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Revelation RLs; Any good?’ is closed to new replies.