Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Revelation RL motion control damper
  • remedy7
    Free Member

Think the motion control damper on my revelation Rls is broken. Went off a drop last week and after it the forks were super bouncy and the lockout doesnt make the forks rigid. Same amount of travel when locked out and fully open.
    Is this an easy fix or will I have to buy a new motion control damper?
    Any help is appreciated

vincienup
    Free Member

Assuming nothing looks broken externally and no sign of oil leaking, I’d suggest letting all the air out, cycling the fork through its travel a couple of times and repressurising before reaching for the cost options…

nickdavies

Service will likely sort it, oil has probably come past a seal. Id drop the lowers, remove the damper side internals, remove all seals clean regrease and refit them. Check everything is working while it’s out.

remedy7
    Free Member

I decided to service the lower legs of the fork just to check for any obvious damage internally and put them back on the bike. Original problem is still there which makes me think it could be the motion damper. I will try and let the air out and cycle the forks like you said and see what happens

remedy7
    Free Member

I had read that oil passing the seal can cause it so ill strip the forks down and check the damper side internals like you said. Hopefully a clean and regrease will so the job

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Revelation RL motion control damper’ is closed to new replies.