• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by gt56.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Revelation remote LO removal
  • gt56
    Free Member

Hi all. My 2015 revs RL have a shitty remote lockout (imo) which I have discarded of and used a short stop gear cable to keep the compression fully open. It does however look and feel a bit budget and I’d be interested in your thoughts on replacing the damper with an rlt or rct3 unit. Im not sure where to find either, so any ideas on whether its worth the cost (performance wise) or should I just buy a set of yaris?

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I think you can take out the damper and remove a spring from it – which eliminates the need to use any cable.

That was the case with a pair of SIDs of mine anyway. Could be different on a newer fork

Goldigger
    Free Member

Did this to my Bluto RL, short piece of cable to fix it in the open position. Then replaced the RL damper with the RCT3, big improvement.
    You’ll need to download the rockshox parts catalogue for 2015 and it will list the part number for the RCT3 damper.
    Wouldn’t surprise me of its the same one for the bluto and SID.

Edit not the same one:
    Part no. 11.4015.544.290
    Compression Damper, Motion Control DNA, Crown Adjust – Revelation RCT3 Black (includes compression knobs) A3 (2014-2016)
    Part no. 11.4015.544.300
    Compression Damper, Motion Control DNA, Crown Adjust – Revelation RCT3 Silver (includes compression knobs) A3 (2014-2016)

joebristol

Not sure on he cost to change the damper – would imagine that could cost a fair bit for the performance difference.

I had a 2015 (I think) Boardman Pro FS with Revelation rl’s on it. 130mm travel which I then extended out to 150 with a replacement airshaft. They felt pretty plush after that modification (they had a lower leg service at the same time) and I was pleased with them.

However I have now changed bike and have a Yari RC on it. They haven’t had a service to free them up yet (it seems they can often not have enough oil in the legs / the o rings can be dry straight from the factory), but they feel just as plush and when smashing rough rough ground heybtrack and steer much better imo. One day (probably if I get a bonus in April from work that is a decent size) I may upgrade to the Lyrik charger damper and get them serviced at the same time.

nickdavies

Modding the damper and fitting a crown lockout is pretty easy, top cap is about £20 and it’s a fairly easy job.

Otherwise changing the whole damper for a crown lockout is about £70, again easy to do. If you go full whack and upgrade to the rct3 damper amazon have the one for your forks in stock, £144. (Just make sure the part no is correct)

gt56
    Free Member

Thanks all, very helpful!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Revelation remote LO removal’ is closed to new replies.