Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • revelation rct3 dual position
  • markbullen
    Free Member

is is just me but i can’t find anything on the fork or any SRAM manual as to how to use the dual position – can anybody help please

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

You change the dial and push down; it will click and lock into the lower travel position.

markbullen
    Free Member

thanks moseymtb but i’m not having any luck with this – these are 2013 model and can’t get anything to lock down. the only dial is the 3 postion one on the right hand leg

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ah mine was 2012 and on the left leg. Sorry mate.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

3 position switch –

Open – Full damping and needs no explaining.

Threshold – this is an interesting setting that im still working on, it works fantastic with the forks at 150mm either when climbing off road or on slow twisty sections or stairs as it it firms the fork up in its first 25% of travel, a bit like propedal really, it doesn’t seem to work as well when the travel is set 120mm although the reviews seem to say it does?

Full Lockout

Dual Position – this drops 30mm from the travel so 150mm to 120mm and it is good for keeping the front down on stepp climbs but i have found that it is actually more difficult on sustanied climbs, this may just be me. so i just use 150 travel with threshold turned on.

philfive
    Free Member

On the left leg it should have a dial saying travel on it, turN it the minus direction and it drops when pushed down. The travel adjust is in the left leg so if it doesn’t have one they can’t be dual position.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Not on the 13’s it’s a 3 way on the right. One is full lock out, one is full open and one is dual position.

philfive
    Free Member

Really? The pictures on the net for 2013 dual position show a switch on the left leg.

The RCT3 has 3 settings doesn’t it? Open, threshold and lockout

philfive
    Free Member

See

Unless 3 different sites are selling 2012 as 2013.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ah I’m going off a review I read and the op saying there is no dual on the left.

My 12’s were just like you say.

philfive
    Free Member

Yeah I have a set of 2012 and the SRAM site shows a solo air not dual position.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Any chance of a pic op?

philfive
    Free Member

Yeah I have a set of 2012 and the SRAM site shows a solo air not dual position.

philfive
    Free Member

It would be a massive damper redesign to put the dual position into the right leg along with the RCT stuff. Maybe wrong though.

markbullen
    Free Member

thanks for the input – gone back to the supplier to find out what i have got – will keep this post updated

WBC

Good timing- I’ve just had some Revelation RCT3 Dual Positions delivered this morning that I ordered. The box is stickered up as being Dual Position, and the forks were advertised as being DP, but as far as I can see there is no travel adjust on either leg. Right leg has the RCT and compression gubbins. Left leg is just an air cap.

Mmmmm

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah they look like fixed length. There should be a black dial on the left leg .

Does the right leg drop the travel in a certain position?

The review I read says position 2 drops the travel by 30mm.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

These are the solo air and look like yours:

retro83
    Free Member

WBC – Member

Good timing- I’ve just had some Revelation RCT3 Dual Positions delivered this morning that I ordered. The box is stickered up as being Dual Position, and the forks were advertised as being DP, but as far as I can see there is no travel adjust on either leg. Right leg has the RCT and compression gubbins. Left leg is just an air cap.

Mmmmm

Looks like there is a sticker underneath saying solo air…? And that top cap certainly looks like solo air.

WBC

No, nothing adjusts the travel. Frustrating! Guess I’ll have to return them!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yep looks like a Planet X cock up to me. Bet the op got his there too?

WBC

Aye, there is a sticker underneath saying Solo Air. Just been on the phone. Going to return them and hopefully get the right ones!

Dickyboy

Got some 2013 Dual position Revs but plain RL model here – black knob on top of left leg states “travel max-min”, great for climbing but would be inclined to stick with plain solo air unless you really need the ability to change travel.

WBC

Tempting, but the plain solo air ones are about £20 more expensive from the shop I bought the ‘dual position’ ones from. Bought these for a Cotic BFe build so was thinking the DP would be useful. Drop the forks for climbing, pump tracks etc and use full travel the rest of the time.

philfive
    Free Member

im glad i could help but isn’t this just a little naughty by planet x?

WBC

Aghhhhhhh. Received my replacement forks after sending the last ones back and I have received the wrong ones again. Starting to wonder if they actually have the dual position model in stock at all? At least the sun is shining, but I still don’t have a bike to ride! First world problems…

markbullen
    Free Member

excellent customer service in sorting out the problem and am now the happy owner of the right product. thanks for input from you all

WBC

Sadly not a good outcome. After being sent the wrong forks twice and returning them, now been emailed to be told that they don’t have any dual position Revs. What a waste of time.. Rubbish service, realise it won’t make a jot of difference but will never use them again.

Superficial
    Free Member

So has someone just pulled a move on Planet-x and sent them a load of forks with fake stickers on the box? Perhaps this wouldn’t happen from a shop with a more traditional supply chain.

Still, cheap forks are cheap forks and the DP air is supposed to be a bit rubbish anyway.

WBC

The original Rockshox sticker was correct on the box and there was also a correct Planet X sticker on the box too. The problem was that there was an incorrect Planet X sticker put on over the top (you can see this in the photos above). Not sure how the error occurred. The cynic in me thinks that it was deliberate and they never had any DP forks in stock. Perhaps being less sceptical, it may well have been a genuine mistake, but getting sent the wrong forks a twice with exactly the same mislabelling issue is not good enough in my book and they should have been checked before dispatch. Perhaps it is standard practice, but frustrated how my money can be instantly taken when I purchased the forks, but have to wait days for the refund. Accept that this is a moan of a disgruntled customer who has thrown his toys out the pram, but based on this experience (days to get an email response and speaking to people who haven’t got a clue on the phone and waiting 3 weeks to not get my forks I ordered)I will not use them again.

Now need to decide what forks to buy elsewhere. They are for a Cotic BFe, so was thinking travel adjust would be useful.

euain

Just to say, I got the correct 150m Dual Position Revelation 26″ fork from them on the second attempt, after returning a 29-er 140mm version. They must have had some in stock at one point. Mine was in black though – if you’re not fussy about the colour might be able to get the travel options you want?

It begs the question, what’s going on with despatch? Seems crazy that this many people are getting the wrong part sent out! They are on at a great price but it can’t be in anyone’s interest to have pissed off customers with the wrong parts arriving – and on-one having to handle all the returns.

WBC

I agree. Not too fussed on colour but not prepared to give them a third chance only to discover they’ve ballsed up yet again. Would rather spend my money elsewhere, pay a little more if needs be and get what I pay for.

shifter
    Free Member

Superficial – Member

Still, cheap forks are cheap forks and the DP air is supposed to be a bit rubbish anyway.

For balance, I quite like mine.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘revelation rct3 dual position’ is closed to new replies.