Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Revelation oil levels
  • adam1330
    Free Member

HELP!!!

Halfway through doing a seal and oil change on my Revelation Race 140mm. I think they are 2010 forks, they have the power bulge, and are Motion Control.

Changed all the seals, starting to reassemble and am putting the oil into the top of the fork on the Motion Control side. The service guide I got from the Rockshox website says I need 123ml of 5wt oil, so I have put that in, but when I go to put the damper in, there appears to be too much oil in, as it just starts to come out the top of the fork!

Have I done something wrong, should I be putting a different amount of oil in?

winrya
    Free Member

Are you just doing a lowers service and referring to the oil in the lower legs?

Edit. re read properly 😀 123ml in top section and 5ml in each of the lowers is the correct amount of oil so don’t know whats going wrong?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

is the damper unit filling as yo put it in or are you just pushin a big bubble of air in?

adam1330
    Free Member

Worked it out!

We’ve got scales that can do volume as well as weight, so was weighing using them, and it’s only just dawned that 123ml of 5wt oil will weigh more than 123ml of water/milk/other cooking ingredient. I used the scales again to measure out my oil, then put the oil into a measuring jug, to find out I was actually trying to get around 160ml of oil into my fork!

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

adam1330
    Free Member

^I mean weigh less, not more 🙄

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Revelation oil levels’ is closed to new replies.