Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Revelation Coil Conversion
  • wurzelcube
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a Pike U-turn coil to my Revelations and have a couple of questions for those that have also done it:

1) fully unwound the top out is very harsh and knocks; I measure the viewable stanchion and as it was almost 160mm I’ve wound down a bit to 140 and the harsh top has disappeared is this normal?

2) does the viewable stanchion equal the amount of travel or do the forks sit higher because of the coil spring?

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Also since swapping the micro for a DNA version the fork doesn’t fully lock; guessing this is due to not enough fluid in the damper leg – could this also be the cause of the harsh top out?

Northwind

Doesn’t sound right at all, which Pikes and Revelations are we talking about here- old 140mm Revelation 426? The visible leg is the travel so if you’re seeing 160mm at full extension, the fork has somehow ended up longer than it should be. Some forks, you can do that with but I’d be surprised if the Rev is one of them.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

It’s a 2011 revelation (the one with the power bulge) with an air spring in it it could be adjusted with spacers between 130 and 150 mm.

From reading on line I understood all I needed was a u-turn pike coil assembly at 140mm?

Northwind

Mmm, don’t know about compatibility with the old Pike and new Revelation, it’s a pretty different chassis but that doesn’t mean it can’t work… I think most folks coiling a modern rev would use sektor parts though, so kind of wondering if your guides for the swap were for the older model rev?

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Well that could makes sense… Wound down to where to stanchions used to sit the fork feels so plush and rides very well; I’ll give TF a call on Monday if they are open

LoCo
    Free Member

Did you fit a negative spring assm.?

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Hi Loco, Erm no but it dawned on me that I might have missed that.

I was going to look a Pike parts diagram later. Do I need a negative spring on the rebound leg?

To check I’ve used the right parts is a pike u turn spring assembly ok in a 2011 revelation? Is it normal to have a bit more stanchion showing? My revs were set at 140mm and still have the spacer on the rebound leg, do I need to remove that?

I need to drop you a line as I think the bushes need some adjustment too.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I tried the pike coil in a set of 2009 revelations and have the same problem – the coil is 15 to 20mm too long.

In the short term I’ll run them with 120mm travel whilst i find the correct parts needed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Revelation Coil Conversion’ is closed to new replies.