Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Revelation Changes… year by year
  • mbqwerty
    Free Member

Think I may have settled (temporarily at least) on some Rockshox Revelations for my NS Surge build. Wanted to the Lyrics, but i thought save a little bit of cash and about half a kg! by getting U-Turn Revs first – I can always change later to Lyriks if I ‘need’ something burlier (I suspect I won’t as I’m pushing and pushing and on fox 32s on the other bike and they still ride well!)

There seems to be any number of Revelations out there though going back years and years! Can anyone out there give a brief heads up if there’s anything to look for? Has anything changed significantly over the years apart from the most recent black stanchioned models?

robhughes
    Free Member

Go for black box and dual flow rebound on the older ones…Job done.. 😉

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Sounds pretty conclusive! Got any lying around lol

robhughes
    Free Member

No but i got looked after good and proper on here on a absolutely mint pair of RTL-Ti’s last week.
    Great fork.

skids
    Free Member

You gotta presume they get better as the years go on in some way, like rockshox are not going to make their product worse

LoCo
    Free Member

140mm max till 2010.

Then 150mm max, RLT Ti and dual flow on dual air & uturn ( would probably avoid the uturns now though as getting a bit flackey)

2012 DNA compression damper and dual flow rebound (all models) still dual air but now Dual position travel adjust model too.

2013 DNA still but solo air fix travel.
    2014 same.
    2015 Black stantions, air token compatible top cap (retro fit kits for 2013&2014 available though) and rebound went to rapid recovery (very little different performance wise from dual flow.

Currently running some 2015 29er RCT3, with SKF wipers and different oil in. Have adjust air volume with Tokens & they are very good, so much so I’m not looking to replace them for a while now 😀

Northwind

LoCo – Member

the uturns now though as getting a bit flackey)

When was this golden age when they weren’t a bit flakey? 😆 Still like mine though.

I was pretty surprised when I rode the 2015s, I have the 2010 Teams and there’s so little difference from 5 years evolution. Better adjustment.

LoCo
    Free Member

When was this golden age when they weren’t a bit flakey? Still like mine though.

😀 Very flakey now, majority that come in for service have issues, dual air or coil conversion is answer if chassis & dampers still in good condition.

It’s of a mark of how good the RLT TIs were when they came out the small different between them & the 2015 model (out the box 😉 ) is.
    Got on very well with my 2012 dual air RCT3 revs too.
    Current ones are the best by a fair margin now though, with the tweaks I done 😀

robhughes
    Free Member

Trust you to have secret oil Si… 😆
    Just done the service on my Ti’s Mr loco.Thanks for all the kit..

robhughes
    Free Member

Si.Just a quick one if you jump back on this thread.
    If i chuck the RCT3 damper from my pikes that you did into my into the Ti’s set at 140mm.
    What’s the oil volume.I know it was 140ml for the pikes.
    Cheers..

continuity
    Free Member

Aren’t the RLt ti’s just revelation teams?

nickdavies

Loco if you do reappear did you catch my mail about the 32mm token kit sent earlier in the week? Id like one please if you have stock. Cheers 🙂

gribble
    Free Member

I have a 2013 rev. Going back to Merlin as the travel adjust feature has stopped working.

Did not realise fork could be pimped with bottomless tokens.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Revelation Changes… year by year’ is closed to new replies.