Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Revelate/Wildcat/Carousel frame bags – what do you get in yours + pics
  • Rik
    Free Member

Looking to upgrade from my Revelate tangle bag to a full size frame bag.

Weighing up all the different design options but interested to see what everybody manages to squeeze in theirs (I know frame size effects things but…still worth comparing).

Also any pics would be great of some frame bags to see what options people have gone for.

Cheers

Rik
    Free Member

Bump for the lunch crowd

flatfish
    Free Member

For WRT this weekend I have,

Neoair,
    tent pegs,
    toothbrush and paste,
    water filter,
    meths for cooking/drinking,
    tube,
    spot tracker,
    tools,
    wipes,
    lahoon,
    and another 3-4 things that i can’t for the life of me remember at the moment.

Love mine.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rik
    Free Member

Cheers Flatfish – just the kind of info I was looking for.

What options did you go for I.e single/dual compartment, removable divider, map pocket etc
    Know you have it, are there any options you wish you’d have gone for or changes?

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I’m still trying to work out how I want mine to work … my head is so full of ‘extras’ that I daren’t ask Beth for a price 😉

stevemorg2

If you decide to sell the tangle bag I may be interested

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Right Steve, first dibs to you if and when.

stevemorg2

Thanks Stu

flatfish
    Free Member

Got LHS map pocket, battery/hydration hose port, velcro internal divider, two small pockets on the inside wall of the main compartment.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Best bet is to email wildcat (Beth/Ian) and they can send you details of what can and can’t be done with all the options, they’re a great couple and know their stuff.

http://wildcatgear.co.uk/

Buy local and support a new start up UK business 😉

Are you coming to WRT as you’ll see a heap of Wildcat gear there at the official launch 😀

PS I’ll pack mine tonight and post a pic if I get a chance

Rik
    Free Member

Def won’t be selling the tangle but don’t blame you asking. It goes on every road ride, so handy.

My tent (vaude power lizard) fits upright against the seat tube on my 18 inch frame, so I was thinking single zip with internal divider and full size map pocket – to keep costs down. Tent and bladder in the rear part and tools/food/waterproof in the front part. But just not sure if twin zip/compartment would be More useful and worth the extra cash….

Rik
    Free Member

Valleydaddy – Couldn’t make the WRT def will be booking it in early for next years (if there is a next years).

I have already emailed Beth at Wildcat as well as Eric at Revelate (as I already have 3 of his products already) so I’m just weighing up the options as the prices are broadly the same (although Wildcat have a much shorter lead time, I’m not really in much of a rush due to the tangle I already have).

That’s why I’m looking for experience of the options and what people got/have and fit in them.

Lots of pics of the outside of the frame bags around but not many of the internal features, so pics would be great :o)

flatfish
    Free Member

I have three of Eric bags (Harness, gas tank and seat pack) already and the quality is equal to Revalates bags but as you say the lead time and the cost of postage and lack of import tax is a BIG plus for Wildcat gear.
    I’ve had a go with Beth’s harness and it surpasses Eric’s harness for stability.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Revelate/Wildcat/Carousel frame bags – what do you get in yours + pics’ is closed to new replies.