Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Reveal the Path was a bit….
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

as I travelled with & sat next to mintimperial (no holding hands though…) I would just like to say I agree with what he said up there – as it saves me writing a similar, less eloquently scribed post 🙂

RE: the queue, we were also surprised, we rolled up at around 7.30 and the queue was such that we joined it rather than going for a beer 😯
    Overall, good effort Chipps et-al for running the night, I think looking at others would make sense.
    Pretty sure we’d be looking at midweek though as Fri / Sat must surely be the nights the cinema makes it’s regular income, showing the mainstream films?

nbt

We half filled the cinema on a schoolnight. Run it on a saturday when people don’t have to go home and can hang around for a ride on the sunday, I reckon you could fill that cinema

jimleach
    Free Member

It looked closer to full than half full to me. The cinema does occasionally host special events on saturday nights, but they tend to be bigger live music or stand up gigs. They may be up for it though and the beauty of its new community run status means it should be a bit more flexible than when calderdale council controlled it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mocha
    Free Member

dislocated finger was funny though, eh?

grum
    Free Member

Looked closer to full to me as well.

I guess I was a little overly negative earlier too. Well done Chipps for putting it on and I’d definitely come again. I think having two different types of film is a good plan (and they were definitely the right way round). From a photographers perspective – Strength in Numbers was just awesome to see on the big screen – virtually every shot would have made a great photo if you froze it. The bit in Switzerland was amazing – really want to go and ride there.

Reveal the Path was worth a watch but could have been a lot better. Bits like the opening scene where they ‘decided’ to go on the trip were so clearly contrived as well – and the bit around the campfire in Alaska was just overwhelmingly smug. Definitely agree it was too long as well, and I thought exactly the same about the rickshaw sequence.

I would probably have rather watched an hour of the Sweary Northerners tbh. 🙂

Which leads me to the idea – would be cool to see some efforts by talented amateurs on the big screen – mebbe some workshops/a competition to make a short MTB film and the winner gets shown – make it into a little mini bike-film festival. It seems like the demand is clearly there – amazing turnout really.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It made a nice change from the noraml Thursday night rides, as it’s been said before I really wanted to like Reveal The Path and I enjoyed around 80% of it, it was dull in places and inspiring in other places.

From both films I want to go to Nepal to ride the singletracks, looks a perfect for the type of riding I aspire to.

Thanks Chipps

PS why was the 2nd film called Strength in Numbers?

eightyeight
    Free Member

JohnClimber – I’m assuming it’s an allusion to the diversity and size of the MTB community and how that will ensure the continuity and growth of the sport in the future….

Or something like that.

brant
    Free Member

Best bit at 4mins 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH2vAfdNWy0&t=4m1s[/video]

chr15
    Free Member

Top night I thought… Thanks singletrack! I do agree with many of the comments on the films but they were still considerably better than anything that might have been on telly.

I did suffer a reduced attention span during the second offering however that could have been avoided had I not been”forced” to drink Stella – more ale next time please!

wl
    Free Member

PSA – for anyone else who saw the Verbier (Switzerland) bits of Strength in Numbers and thought “I fancy a bit of that”, these guys will deliver it big time http://www.bikeverbier.com. They guide on some of the very same trails shown in the film. 100% recommended.

Earlier criticisms of the films aside, it was a good night out, so ta for organising and I’d defo come to see other biking films at the Picture House.

brungle
    Free Member

the only good thing about ‘Reveal the Path’ was that one of the guys looked like Chuck Norris.

Strength in Numbers was great, enjoyed it.
    It was nice to see a 5 year old who can jump a bike alot better than me.

good night, thanks singletrack

revealthepath
    Free Member

First off thanks to Chipp for bringing our film to the UK. As a creator of things you always appreciate your work getting in front of an audience. So thank you guys as well for taking time out of your busy schedules to show up and watch our films.

Our goal with Reveal the Path was to get folks thinking outside the box, outside your local trail system, outside your own country. Perhaps plant a seed that leads to climbing out of the rut some might find themselves in. We knew the “philosophy” element was much stronger in this film compared to our previous project, Ride the Divide.

Now that the film has been out there for a few months we are discovering about 50% of people really identify with the film and its message while the other half feel its not a fit for them. It’s perhaps a bit like musical tastes; some folks can’t get enough of the ‘Dub Step’ while it rubs others the wrong way. Some gravitate towards ‘Death Metal’ while others shake their heads in disgust.

As we brainstorm concepts for new projects we would love to hear what you would like to see up on the big screen. What would get you really excited in a MTB film? Feel free to email me directly with your thoughts and comments mike@revealthepath.com

I understand the night ran long. For those of you that might like to watch the film again in the comfort of your own home, please use use this coupon code for 50% off anything in our webstore”
    Code: DREAMBIG
    Webstore: http://revealthepath.com/store

Now get out there and ride your bike!

postierich
    Free Member

A night of highs and lows for me starting with getting the last fish supper @ the chippy then finding a £10 after leaving the hole in the wall pub @12am!
    Reveal the Path was a disapointment very contrived and not well shot,the trailer was very missleading glad I did not download it!
    Rather not watch friends sit in shelters waiting for the rain to stop then larking around on rickshaws for 10 mins and getting a local to do a singalong.Would have been far better to watch them suffer riding a phat bike up Alp D,huez and around the rest of the places they visited.
    Strength in numbers was good but It was a repeat for me.
    Well done Chipps and crew great venue shame about the beer cock up had to drink stella and larger for the rest of the evening!
    See you again possibily

druidh
    Free Member

Sorted!!

Really looking forward to seeing it now!

MrSparkle

postierich – I thought I recognise that rather nice v dub camper pulling onto the car park!

readikus

Interesting you felt that way about “Reveal the Path”. Maybe if you were as amazing as I am, then you would relate to the people in it. Only joking, thought they were all a bit smug and unappealing. I bet the Americans love it.

druidh
    Free Member

DVD just arrived. I’ll put my feet up and watch it later with a beer and/or whisky in hand.

grum
    Free Member

Druidh will no doubt say he likes it, seeing as the prevailing STW opinion seems to be a bit ‘meh’. 😛

druidh
    Free Member

I know my tastes often vary from the sheeple 😛

Don’t worry, you’ll all catch up with me at some point. Dayglo and moustaches are on their way for 2014.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Reveal the Path was a bit….’ is closed to new replies.