• This topic has 23 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IA.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Rev 29er min travel?
  • slowboydickie

What is the max you can reduce travel on the Rev 29er 2012? CRC says 120/130 but I thought the fork could go down to 100. Anyone done this?

Cheers
    Rich

bol

I’d like to know this too. Also, how easy it is to change travel. Is it a do it yourself job for someone crap at that sort of thing (me) or is it a trip to the LBS?

slowboydickie

I lowered some other revs to 120 and It is a straight forward job with ‘how to’ vids on the SRAM site. Bear in mind you can’t internally lower 2013 models.

singlespeedstu

Yep they can be lowered to 100mm.
    There are two 10mm spacers that come with them too.
    Dead easy to do. You just need to drop the two spacers onto the damper shaft.

bol

I’ve just looked at the Sram website and 120 looks as low as they’ll go. There really is a gap for a 100-120 29er fork in their range.

roverpig

Not sure about lowering them to 100mm properly, but since they are dual air you can presumably drop them to 120mm and play with the pressures in the two chambers to effectively suck them down to 100mm.

brant
    Free Member

I’ve just looked at the Sram website and 120 looks as low as they’ll go. There really is a gap for a 100-120 29er fork in their range.

Like a Reba?

Clink

Like a Reba?

Is there a 2013 Reba @120mm? (and I thought the 2013 ones can’t have travel changed??).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is there a 2013 Reba @120mm? (and I thought the 2013 ones can’t have travel changed??).

No point 650 is the future, 29″ is dead in the water….

bol

brant – Member
    Like a Reba?

If my 2012 Rebas would extend to 120 I wouldn’t be looking at the Revs.

si69jc
    Free Member

I’ve got 2013 rebas @ 120mm! i thought you could make the 2102 120mm as well!

bol

Wehey! 2013 Rebas it is then. Just need to wait for them to be £300 now. Cheers.

Alex

My 2012 reba’s can be 100 or 120mm. I wanted that plus a 15mm Maxle. 2013 Rebas seemed to offer that combo only on the very expensive ones. In fact they still have some http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/rockshox-reba-rlt-29er-2012.html at Merlin.

Set of these on my Solaris. Nice fork. Not as nice as the black box ones I had before on the 26inch bike, but excellent value for money. I’ve not opened mine up to see but apparently they will go to 120.

EDIT:to post the right link!

Clink

Alex – I’ve got a set of those Reba’s from Merlin – are you sure they can be converted to 120??

Alex

I did. And then I went and looked some more. And it seems not. Sorry for the confusion. I only wanted 100mm so just checked you could change the travel if I ever wanted to. It appears that might be down to 80mm not up to 120mm….

singlespeedstu

I’ve just looked at the Sram website and 120 looks as low as they’ll go

You’ve looked wrong then. 😉

You could lower them as much as you wanted if you put enough spacers in them.

roverpig

But where can you get these spacers?

roverpig

Thanks 🙂 So it’s an All Travel Spacer Kit that you’d need. It looks as though these come with 4x10mm and 2x20mm spacers.

singlespeedstu

So it’s an All Travel Spacer Kit that you’d need

Yep.

You should get some spacers in the box with the fork though.

slowboydickie

That is great thanks Stu. I shall order a set.

ferneygreen
    Free Member

Lowered mine to 100 with no probs. Made up a spacer in the man cave and then added it to the 2×10 supplied. Hadn’t done it before but there are enough instructions out there to follow.

heihei

Anyone got the link to hand for the SRAM video on how to do this?

IA

The manual on the SRAM site is pretty good, pictures and everything.

Also it’s really quite simple. Just have the required fluids/circlip pliers etc on hand before you start.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Rev 29er min travel?’ is closed to new replies.