• This topic has 21 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by irc.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Reusing teabags
  • sandwicheater

Green teabags in this instance. How many times have you/do you re-use a teabag?

Am sat here drinking from a cup that has been re-filled 6 times with the same green tea bag. A bit of colour is leaching into the water so there’s still life in the bag yet.

sbob
    Free Member

Jesus man!
    You’re not asking for a lynching, you’ve made the gallows, tied the noose around your neck and are just waiting for a passing breeze to encourage you off the stool!

Courageous.

FuzzyWuzzy

Depends if you like tea or vaguely tea-coloured water, I prefer the former so in answer to your question “0”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LadyGresley
    Free Member

Just twice with my Lady Grey teabags. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

A former GF of mine back in student days used to dry out her teabags (not a euphemism) on the radiator.

We are no longer together.

iolo
    Free Member

OP, how many uses do you get from one condom? I’m sure if you put them in the wash they’ll be fine.

maxray
    Free Member

Recently been doubling up with an earl grey and yorkshire tea bag so have been recycling the earl grey bag a couple of times.

:o)

freddyg
    Free Member

None. Go and have a good look in the mirror.

sandwicheater

iolo, do you reckon a 30c would be OK or cold?

EDIT: \/\/\/ I come for the banter, I stay for the great advice

Harry_the_Spider

Turn ’em inside and carefully warm them in the toaster (bagel setting is best) then flick off the crusty bits with a tooth brush and roll them back up.

dabble
    Free Member

OP, how many uses do you get from one condom? I’m sure if you put them in the wash they’ll be fine.

Fill it up with cold water from the tap, pour it out, put on draining board. Why would you waste time and money putting it in the washing machine?!

wingnuts

I’m a one use man myself but I have a v tight cousin (no euphemism intended) who walks around with a stick of root ginger in her handbag to dunk in cups of hot water. We all reckon its been the same stick for years.

BeardedDave
    Free Member

I’ll get three or four cups from a normal tea bag. But I like my tea weak and black – I live on the continent, don’t you know! 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

I like my tea weak and black

I like my tea weak and black too but it’s no excuse for carrying on like that.

tacopowell
    Free Member

If you did that with a Bag of Yorkshire, I’d slap you,
    Green/ herbal tea is expectable.

brakes
    Free Member

I sometimes put two bags in one mug – makes a nice strong cup without over-steeping the mark…
    #decadent

sandwicheater

Agreed with above sentiments, you can’t re-use ‘proper’ tea bags, you would be asking for a slap.

Some of you have very odd fiends.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Some of you have very odd fiends

You have normal fiends then?

Its acceptable – just but it is poor form- to make more than you need in a pot and then use the water afterwards and re heat in the microwave

Re using is just wrong it works but only if you like weak as can be tea……I doubt it matters with green as it is tasteless IME.

lilchris
    Free Member

make sure its not Tetleys

The taste does it for me, without ethical reasons!

parkesie
    Free Member

ive been thinking about drying my tea bag in a dyson airblade hand drier.

irc

Having run low on tea bags on a bothy trip I can confirm that one bag makes an acceptable second cup. Plus the chance for a game of paper, scissors, stone to see who gets first go.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Reusing teabags’ is closed to new replies.