Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Returning to BMX
  • handyandy
    Free Member

Morning all,

I’m going to buy myself a BMX to use at the local skatepark. Has anybody got experience of a decent, affordable recommendation?

I’ve seen the Stolen BMX reductions on CRC, but there are mixed opinions of them.

Ta.

kayak23

I have the 2009 or 2010 Stolen Sinner. It’s brilliant to be honest. seems very good quality and built like a brick outhouse.

I use it at skateparks, pumptracks, going to the shops.
    Great bike.
    Stolen are a good brand, who like most, have a high and low-end range, so I guess it depends how much you want to spend.
    Plus, saying you are riding a ‘Stolen’ bike just never gets old! 😀

The alternative is look for a custom second hand one where you’ll get more spec for the money.

xiphon
    Free Member

Do you want brakes each end or not?

I opted for the Haro 300.3 which was ace. Sold it as BMX racing was more my bag 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Stolen seem to be pretty good for the money. I got a Sunday Trail Scout heavily discounted, have a look around for one of those as they’re probably even cheaper now. Great geometry and the spec is ridiculous for the money – loaded with Odyssey parts 🙂

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

i have a Sinner too like kayak – bombproof, cant really fault it.

6079smithw
    Free Member

How can a BMX be over 28lbs?
    I’d get a Mongoose Article

frazchops
    Free Member

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/wethepeople/trust-2012-bmx-bike-ec029608

If you can pick up a 2012 WTP complete you’ll be laughing, quality bikes with good geo and parts.

tymbian
    Free Member

My Son wants to get rid of his custom bmx. cost him around the £600 mark but would be willing to sell or swap for a DJ or Mountain-bike. Have you anything you might want to trade? can put pics and spec up if interested.

6079smithw
    Free Member

Aim to get sealed hubs, I hear it’s important

seadragon
    Free Member

I am prob too old to have a BMX now lol, 42 but really want one.

I am 6ft and want something more for off-road rather than skatepark. Would I look like a numpty on a smaller bike or do I need to go down the 24” cruiser route??

Sorry to highjack a bit.

xiphon
    Free Member

seadragon – you tempted by some racing? Cruiser or 20″ ?

I took it up last year with a mate, and now his dad wants to join in… (in his 50s!)

seadragon
    Free Member

Just a bit of poncing about, cruising, nothing too strenuous :-). I live in a village so justr someghing to use out and about and on some of the cyclepaths and the woods in my area

xiphon
    Free Member

One of these sounds like the right tool for the job (26″ BMX) No idea on price though….

seadragon
    Free Member

Thanks, I was looking at those, looks pretty sweet or one of the 24’s on Winstanleys, the Intense bikes look pretty good and I like their MTB’s

Thanks, the WTP is definitely an option.

handyandy
    Free Member

hey Seadragon, I’m also 41. Its never too late to get stuck in 🙂

seadragon
    Free Member

Hey Andy (handyandy).

Thanks. I dont care too much about the age as I already have a sweet Beach Cruiser (Autum Minion) but harking back to my BMX days is also on my mind.

The WTP Champ as posted a couple of posts ago is not available in the UK to order, so need to think of Plan B, maybe a SE Racing OM Flyer. I really like the Haro Blackout but not sure if I would look a plonker on a 21.5 frame or not

_tom_
    Free Member

That wtp looks gash, I think if you’re going 26″ you’d want something like an NS sub.

tymbian
    Free Member

I gave up bmx racing ( cruiser ) in 2011. I’ll be 48 this year…do it, you’ll have ablast. Get advice though as to what bike, size etc.size is measured by top tube, gearing+tyre size is a science..give me a shout if you need any advice, ill help where I can.

stanfree
    Free Member

I have a mate selling a Sunday 24 cruiser , pretty much unridden If your in the Edinburgh area.

handyandy
    Free Member

ok the Stolen Wrap arrived this morning. Cheap as chips and seems to be worth the money. Just taking it down the skatepark, so listen out for the ambulances (pics to follow)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Returning to BMX’ is closed to new replies.