• This topic has 46 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by core.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Returning rider looking for a top hardtail…
  • oldnpastit

Stanton Sherpa. 29″ also takes boost, and 27.5+, as above for the other Stanton frames, 853 makes it a pretty nice ride.

coomber
    Free Member

Off the shelf I’d be looking at some of the genesis tarn bargains floating around

core

I’d be wary on the B+ thing – I know it sounds ace, and surely is on some surfaces, but it is August, and in the UK that still means muddy (in parts) rides.

I was out Sunday and would not have wanted to have been on a big wide (heavy) tyre with mininal tread and a flimsy sidewall. Mud.

+ tyres are getting better, but more tread, and less flex in the sidewall = heavier.

pickle
    Free Member

Slackline, it can do it all (oh and I own one) 😆

But they really are a great frame.

coomber
    Free Member

core – Member

I’d be wary on the B+ thing – I know it sounds ace, and surely is on some surfaces, but it is August, and in the UK that still means muddy (in parts) rides.

Agree to some extent, but then some decent bikes have been built to be properly 29er as well, the Genesis Tarn, pace r127+ and Solaris max being 3 good examples.

pick
    Free Member

Clockwork Evo Pro has been a lot of fun, good if you’re a bit taller as super long. Have put a 2.8 Minion on the front, not enough room out back for the same, but not sure that matters. Goes v well.

core

Good point coomber, and I’m not totally against plus tyres, I just think on most of my rides at some point I’d be wishing I wasn’t on them due to wet/slop/mud/sliding about.

Conversely, I’m not sure there are many times I’m currently wishing I had them.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Returning rider looking for a top hardtail…’ is closed to new replies.