• This topic has 200 replies, 79 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by benji.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 201 total)
  • Return of the Apprentice
  • gonzy
    Free Member

@ bregante…is that flower one of the leftovers from task 1?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Anybody over the age of 40 probably remembers those horrendous Amstrad HiFi units that fell apart as soon as you took them out of the box, and see absolutely no benefit in being an apprentice to the asshat who foisted them onto the British public

on the speakers of one of their stereo products you could see the silver surround around the tweeters in the speakers, through the grill cloth, but they didn’t actually have any tweeters in!

waihiboy
    Free Member

always love the apprentice threads..

they get harder to watch each year but ive stuck with it, once theres abotu 8 left then it gets good…

but you have to wait until the last few weeks for the best appearance on the whole show…

the man who puts the fear of god into me everytime…

just the picture will do…

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

@schrickvr6 those pictures have me pissing myself 😆

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Just watching 2nd episode on catch up.

I do have to doubt the intelligence of any person who doesn’t realise that a solar panel won’t work if covered.

chip
    Free Member

I know a couple of people from school who have done exceptionally well in business despite being as thick as two short planks.

I put this down to them being extremely full of themselfs and having absolutely no conscience at all.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I do have to doubt the intelligence of any person who doesn’t realise that a solar panel won’t work if covered.

But, actually, they do.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Honest

DrJ

Slightly comical that Lord Amstrad passes judgement on tech products. Is the receptionist still using his laughable “email phone”?

johndoh
    Free Member

I know a couple of people from school who have done exceptionally well in business despite being as thick as two short planks.

You I know one too – got a lucky break (thanks to daddy) then ran with it.

crazy-legs

Anybody over the age of 40 probably remembers those horrendous Amstrad HiFi units that fell apart as soon as you took them out of the box, and see absolutely no benefit in being an apprentice to the asshat who foisted them onto the British public

Slightly comical that Lord Amstrad passes judgement on tech products. Is the receptionist still using his laughable “email phone”?

My grandparents had both an Amstrad PCW and later on, an emailerphone.
    We sort of inherited the PCW when my Grandad couldn’t make it do what he wanted (ie hadn’t got the patience to RTFM).

Even in its day, it was rubbish with it’s continuous paper, dot-matrix printer. You could actually buy a soundproof box to put over the printer – anyone else would make a quieter printer but no, Amstrad made a big plastic box to put over it…
    Loading up every programme from 3″ floppy disc was always entertaining too. 🙄

They got rid of the emailerphone when it kept calling premium rate numbers to “update itself” (ie, download more adverts) and ran up a huge bill. What a heap of junk that was.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Even in its day, it was rubbish with it’s continuous paper, dot-matrix printer. You could actually buy a soundproof box to put over the printer – anyone else would make a quieter printer but no, Amstrad made a big plastic box to put over it…

In all fairness, acoustic hoods for dot matrix printers were not an exclusive solution to Amstrad, they were pretty much required in most offices in the 80’s when you had 20 or so printers( whatever make) clacking away.

njee20
    Free Member

I dunno what has happened to the successful participants over the years but my cousin was once on Dragon’s Den where he won £700,000 for his business

£250k max innit? I’ll bet quite a few of the ‘deals’ never actually come to fruition though. A friend was going to go on it, but they decided against it in the end – whether you (and your product) come out of it looking good or bad is basically at the whim of the editing staff!

There are a particularly special brand of muppet on the Apprentice this year, there’s a few you’ve not really heard from yet, and they don’t have the hideous cringey VTs, they’ll be the ones who are ok!

rascal
    Free Member

More massive bellendary 5 minutes away 😛

Drac

Pook

Roisin’s team will lose, based on my theory of inverse editing.

Pook

Lauren looks annoyed

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Pook that’s uncanny.!

Pook

Drac

Hahaha I was trying to think of an ex-corrie start but that beats it.

cheers_drive

Can’t believe that people spend that much on a candle! Mugs

Drac

Drac

Lord_Sugar:
    All these names they came up with ,driftwood, lemon grass, sandalwood , cranberry …they sound like Gwyneth Paltrow’s kids

bruneep

Said the very same to Mrs B, the raised eyes from her suggests that she thinks that’s an ok price. 🙄 Then she mentioned bike parts 😳

Touché Mrs B

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Said the very same to Mrs B, the raised eyes from her suggests that she thinks that’s an ok price. Then she mentioned bike parts

To be fair a burning candle will last longer than most bike parts in a British winter.

allthepies
    Free Member

“what you doing?”

😆

Pook

Pook – Member
    Roisin’s team will lose, based on my theory of inverse editing.
    POSTED 31 MINUTES AGO #

Drac

Well done but you had a 50/50 chance.

Pook

Not based on the theory. That was a variable.

Drac

Ermmm! There’s 2 teams only one can win.

Pook

67% of statistics are made up

Drac

88.2%

Pook

Sorry, I’m just an accountant. Do you want a candle?

ourmaninthenorth

Fair play to the lady who (as near as) resigned. She realised she’d made a mistake, and so knew that running a swimming instruction business was what she loved.

Not many people find what they love. She has. Hats off.

Drac

Sorry, I’m just an accountant. Do you want a candle?

£8?

Pook

No chance. I’ll do you three for £20. Final offer.

Drac

Meet you halfway, £12 for 3?

Pook

Done.

Hahahaha. Mug.

Drac

Shake on it?

Wait what?

cinnamon_girl

Jeez I’ve got hair envy! Roisin and her up-do, so elegant.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 201 total)

The topic ‘Return of the Apprentice’ is closed to new replies.