• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by mlke.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • retro/vintage look cycling shoes – SPD compatible?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

My venerable old Shimano tourers are nearing the end of their lives…Ideally I’d like to replace them with a pair of leather(or leather a-like) shoes in a classic style but that take modern SPD cleats and not just toe clips.

Anyone got any pointers? keen to avoid velcro, whirly fasteners, plastic and carbon….

jam-bo

new giro ones?

ahwiles
    Free Member

what he ^ said.

giro republic / empire.

MussEd
    Free Member

oh aye- forgot about them. Probably the price put them out my mind! But if they last 11 years like these Shimano ones it’ll be £££ well spent…

Anything else anyone?

PJ266
    Free Member

Dromarti.

MussEd
    Free Member

Think I’m going for these –

Thanks for the suggestions! except those Stelvios Woody2000 – othropaedic springs to mind!

mcj78
    Free Member

Dromarti are lovely – I picked up a barely-used pair cheap on ebay a while back (badly described & awful photos – bonus) – best made shoes I own embarassingly enough, the leather is about half an inch thick (ok not quite but you get the idea) Seem to recall they went up in price recently from £170-ish to north of £200 😯

Forgot about those Vittorias – they are v-nice too!

ahwiles
    Free Member

MussEd! – are those the Vittorias? – i just found those while looking at Dromarti’s…

theflatboy
    Free Member

Shoes of your choice + Retrofitz?

MussEd
    Free Member

Yeah Vittoria Lorica 1976- about £100 less than the Dromarti, but Always riding dont have my size. The search goes on…

drlex
    Free Member

There’s also the Quoc Pham leather touring shoe, similar to the Dromartis.

mlke
    Free Member

Just checked the site. You can’t buy Quack Fam shoes without substantial facial hair or flowing locks and unfortunately I fail on both counts.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘retro/vintage look cycling shoes – SPD compatible?’ is closed to new replies.