Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Retrogrouch MC tries a new C5 and is blown away.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve never been into new cars and have been perfectly content driving older wheels. A diet of retro Minis, VWs, series Land Rovers and quirky old Citroens have kept me mobile since I passed my test.

This afternoon I had a spin in a new C5 estate. I was a scream, like something Tomorrow’s World would have predicted we’d be driving now back in the 70s.

I had a notion when I next need a replacement car to go for something German, but my mate had just bought this three year old 2.2 Exclusive which has all the toys for a tad over £5k. That represents a mahoosive depreciation from new, but is perfect for a shrewd used buy.

I think the C6 would be even more of a left field buy, but slightly less practical than an estate.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve always wanted a C5. And a Rover 75.

I don’t know what this says about me but I do know there should be meetings I can go to which might help me get over it.

Bregante

C6 looks like a whole lot of 2nd hand car for not a lot of money

57 plate. 70 k on clock 2.7hdi engine

£6k

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Good for a keeper that one. I bet it has bloody everything in it.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Mc – I can do you a lovely Seat Leon for less than 5k…

billyboulders
    Free Member

falkirk-mark

I love c5s I am on my 3rd ( now the new shape one) though its only the nav+ still has enough toys for me.

piemonster

Good for a keeper that one. I bet it has bloody everything in it.

I bet within 24 months 30-50% of those things are faulty

matt_outandabout

I bet the electronics could be fun in a few years… (as with many modern cars)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Reading the woes over on the Audi thread I can’t imagine Citroen reliability can be any worse. Citroen electrics for me have been pretty good. Everything worked on my previous XM when it finally died due to the clutch cable snapping at 180 000 miles. It was a dash out job I didn’t fancy, happily a C5 turned up on here and has been equally reliable.

P20

I loved my Xantia, the ride was excellent. It turned into a money pit though. Only the top new C5 have the proper suspension though, I doubt there’s many about. The C6 are fabulous. 8)

Coyote
    Free Member

Hmm… Might be in the market for a new motor soon. Hadn’t considered Citroen although I used to have a ’51 plate Xsara that I absolutely loved.

maxtorque

Top Wafting!

trail_rat
    Free Member

i like french cars .

they are cheap to buy and i generally get a good use out of them for minimal cost and cheap servicing.

once electrics start to play up sell it on cheap if its not an easy fix..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Retrogrouch MC tries a new C5 and is blown away.’ is closed to new replies.