Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Retrofit 2013 CdF with Genesis 2015 carbon forks or Kinesis DC37s ?
  • jerrys
    Free Member

Further to previous comments about getting a bigger tyre into a 2013 CdF (limited due to poor axle-crown length) one option could be to fit some different forks (cheaper than changing the bike). I’ve seen custom builds on here with the DC37 forks but now most of the 2015 croix range have carbon forks as standard. Any downside for gentle uk light touring (bridleroads/canalpaths/etc) over the cro-mo forks/

I know it would change the geometry slightly and raise the front end a bit – but any major issues?

spyke85
    Free Member

Genesis were meant to be releasing a carbon fork for pre 2015 model CdF’s. Not seen anything about it though.

jerrys
    Free Member

Genesis were meant to be releasing a carbon fork for pre 2015 model CdF’s. Not seen anything about it though.

I thought that they meant the 2015 fork would be available to fit to pre-2015 models – unless I misunderstood.

Mister-P
    Free Member

There was meant to be a new carbon fork to fit older models of CdF rather than using the fork from the 2015 model.

zilog6128

Genesis were meant to be releasing a carbon fork for pre 2015 model CdF’s.

I emailed Genesis for some more info on this fork but they never got back to me (they’ve never bothered answering any email I’ve sent them though so wasn’t exactly surprised!) My LBS said they could order it in for me but I went with the new Lynskey Endurance carbon fork instead. Lighter (<700g) and more tyre clearance than the stock fork, hasn’t changed the handling noticeably. Haven’t done any long rides with them yet though.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A 20mm increase in axle to crown height, plus fatter tyres, will change the handling a bit I’d have thought. Will also raise the BB height aswell, might not ride quite as well as it does now. By the time you’ve factored in the cost of new forks, you may aswell just sell your current frame and forks and by the new model with updated geometry.

Alternatively, these look like they should give you a bit more clearance over your current forks, and they’re not too dear either. Dimensions are probably nigh on the same as your current ones aswell.

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/surly-disc-trucker-road-fork-700c-wheel-p244877?gclid=CMvQkby0y8QCFQIYwwodcIMAtw

steelfan
    Free Member

18 bikes do them.
    cdf carbon fork 2009-2014 model

and the 2015 version

cdf 2015 carbon fork

scotroutes

Does anyone have the A2C and trail figures for both of those forks? I was interested in a replacement to the DC19s on my Amazon and considering the Van Nicholas SLX carbon forks but they’re not available at the moment and one of the Genesis forks looks ideal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Retrofit 2013 CdF with Genesis 2015 carbon forks or Kinesis DC37s ?’ is closed to new replies.