Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • retro U.S.E sub antidive lefty type fork set up advise?
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

hi

whats the maximum air pressure you can run?

im at 150 psi and they are still too plush (medium spring)

anyone know?

ratcatcher

I seem to remember that one of their guys ran theirs at 210psi
    Best bet would be to give them a call they are real friendly

manmurray

Seem to remember having 180 psi with the med spring in mine, but this ^^^^ is your best bet 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

I think I’ve got mine at 180-200 or so. Though because of the anti-dive I found I could have it softer than other forks anyway.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

if you pop this question up on retrobike somebody will probably have the manual / settings.

ajantom

Used to run 200 psi in mine with a medium spring, and it was still very plush.
    They still have some spares for the SUB, have you tried emailing to see if they have a heavy spring?

khani
    Free Member

Are they any good? I always liked the look of em..

bencooper
    Free Member

Found the instructions for mine – it’s a Total Air cartridge, I’ve got the recommended air settings if you can tell me your weight in lbs.

Are they any good? I always liked the look of em..

I really like mine – the no-dive works well, and it’s simple and tough. Plus the WTF factor is fun. I sold a few back when they were available, but really they were too expensive compared to more normal forks.

khani
    Free Member

That’s what put me off at the time, they look awesome though and I’m surprised the bigger company’s didn’t take up the idea

timdrayton
    Free Member

hi guys thanks for all the responses.

ill stick some pics up when im finished my build as i have titanium titus frame which i cant identify also

ben im 154lbs what psi does your list suggest?

ill give use a ring tomorrow.

cheers 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

Remind me tomorrow – I left the instructions on my desk at work 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

Okay, according to the chart you should be running 150psi, adjuster #2 for the rebound, and 5 or 6 turns out on the compression damping.

From memory, I found the chart settings a bit soft too, and went 10-20psi over them. There’s a warning to never go over 200psi.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘retro U.S.E sub antidive lefty type fork set up advise?’ is closed to new replies.