Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Retro terrorrism?
  • binners

It feels almost quaint really, doesn’t it?

I’m liking the distinctly old school approach. No beardy, shouty boom boom! And nobody got killed.

I hope this is a return to the much gentler, better mannered form of terrorism we grew up with. The new type is just so…. you know…. vulgar

Pigface
    Free Member

Apparently it is a love lorn fellow trying to impress his ex.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Not to worry he’ll have plenty of ‘company’ where he’s going.

Do feel a bit sorry for him actually, sort of. I bet his nan knitted him a balaclava specially for it and everything.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I trust the offender was wearing a pair of these…. as sported by untrustworthy arab types in every 70’s tv show ever.

tpbiker
    Free Member

how on earth did he sneak a suicide vest on there? seems unlikely!

konabunny
    Free Member

President Nicos Anastasiades told reporters that the hijacking is “not something to do with terrorism.” When a reporter asked if it had something to do with a woman, he replied, “Always, there is a woman.”

President Anastasiades, yesterday.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Poor bugger, thought it would end peacefully by virtue of how many folk were released in the first place. Of course he’s done wrong and will be punished but I’d like to think he’ll be treated fairly.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Poor bugger, thought it would end peacefully by virtue of how many folk were released in the first place. Of course he’s done wrong and will be punished but I’d like to think he’ll be treated fairly.

Probable mental illness aside.

He hijacked a plane and convinced 100 or so people they were going to be blown to kingdom come (other afterlife’s and none are available). I hope there’s a really heavy book flying through the air in his direction.

drlex
    Free Member

If I was an Italian High Court Judge, I’d be feeling quite nervous about a return to Seventies terrorism.

ransos
    Free Member

mrhoppy

Loving the Egyptian spokesmans comment, whilst hostages were still on board, along the lines of ‘this man is not a terrorist, this man is an idiot’. Diplomacy at its finest.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Actually, if he does have a diagnosable mental illness, I hope they don’t “throw the book at him”. It’s all about intention – do we even know that he actually had a bomb?

The sign of a civilized society is one that differentiates between criminals who know better and the mentally ill.

wwaswas

One of the victims posted up a selfie he took with the hijacker on Twitter.

It’s not *that* retro…

jambalaya
    Free Member

I thought the guy climbing out of the cockpit window and down the plane was very 007

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Retro terrorrism?’ is closed to new replies.