Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Retro skateboard – worth anything?
  • RustySpanner

Before it goes to the tip.

H Street Colby Carter black deck, purple Indies, decent wheels, red rails.

Anyone have any idea?

plumber
    Free Member

Its not retro though is it

Gingerbloke
    Free Member

Could be, depends what year and what condition, could be 20 years old by now.

scruff
    Free Member

Im sure older H street stuff is very collecable but Colby Carter wont be as collectable as say an older Hensley or T-Mag. I rememeber trying a hell concave, it was actually painful.

Chuck it on ebay.

butcher

More than 20 years now. H Street went to the wall in ’91.

With stuff like that it just depends on what people are willing to pay. Whose board it is. What Graphics. Etc.

Colby Carter though….can’t see it being worth a huge amount. If it’s well used….barely anything.

But, there’s some serious geeks out there. You never know.

HermanShake
    Free Member

The tip!?

May not be worth a lot depending on condition but would highly appeal to a skating geek.

Stick it on ebay with international postage. The trucks and wheels may go if the deck doesn’t invite interest. Is this before or after the ‘new’ truck hole pattern? If you don’t know, the older trucks have the bolts in each corner, new have the outer bolts set further into the baseplate.

Please don’t bin it, that’s a daft thing to do. Stick a photo up, it’ll be easier to judge.

RustySpanner

Yep, just over 20 years old.

Black deck, taped,

Some light grinding on the trucks, which are the old style.
    Somevery light wear under the tail, but not too bad.
    Wheels are Santa Cruz Speed Wheels, nearly new.

Will try and stick a pic up later.
    Might even include a Suicidal Tendencies album if anyone’s interested. 😀

sharkbait
    Free Member

Rusty S. If you want to get rid I’d [seriously] take it for a bit of fun – I like old stuff!

ocrider

It’ll have the old truck pattern, Indy were quite slow on the uptake and I think Venture did them in ’91/2.
    As said above, would be worth more if it was a Hensley or Magnussen. The wheels will be worth plenty if neither coned or flatspotted.

Edit: Judging by that description, it’ll be worth something to someone!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

hugely depends on what model deck, there are six versions on artofskateboarding.com , and condition.

ebay search no luck?

middleageshred.com in the uk would be a good place to ask.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I am clearing out some stuff and have a board which was bought in 1978. It is wooden that is all I can tell you. Would it be worth much, in scraped condition?

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I remember wanting an H-Street so much…

My first deck was a boring old New Deal blank…it was a slick though which seemed pretty glam at the time.

On the topic of all things skate related, did you know that Think Skateboards are back from the dead?

They have a BRILLIANT new film out and the whole thing (26 mins) is available on You Tube courtesy of Thrasher:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7nU-wwWMcw

Enjoy.

dogbert
    Free Member

Do a search over on Middle Age Shred, there was a post on there from a guy looking for all things H-street.

Also have a look on Skate and Annoy, there’s an e-bay watch section and some of the prices original decks go for is frightening.

Would be interested in seeing pics of this board though

Markie
    Free Member

Anyone looking to sell or value an old skateboard, register on Art of Skateboarding (as above) and Skull and Bones.

Or, just list on eBay USA detailing everything you can… as this monthly look at vintage board prices shows (edit: also as mentioned above!), there’s money in old decks!

Unless, of coursed, it’s an early 90’s Birdhouse Reynolds, in which case I’ll do you a favor and give you £5 to take it off your hands…

RustySpanner

Hello folks.

It’s this one:

A quick search suggests an NOS deck was up for $285.00 in 2008. 😯
    Apparantly the wheels on their own go for $50.00 😮

Looking at those skate sites has made me want to skate again, so I’m going to keep it and use it.
    Stopped originally due to injury – but what the hell, 40 odd year old bone on concrete can’t hurt that much, right? 😀

Thanks for the advice – will post up the x-rays as and when.

Haze

purple Indies

*shudders*

Ringo
    Free Member

its a nice deck i have the same one, for what its worth i still ride mine sometimes 😀 your never too old

RustySpanner

Haze – Member

purple Indies

*shudders*

More of a burgundy really, with orange cushions. 😀

Markie
    Free Member

Looking at those skate sites has made me want to skate again, so I’m going to keep it and use it.

As a small-time collector (of decks that I either had or lusted after) I’d say sell it and buy yourself something new – or hang it on your own wall and buy something new.

Sooner or later you’ll need to replace it, but its condition will have deteriorated. Better to save it as it is and start with something fresh!

dogbert
    Free Member

£35

£18

£12

£9

And you can keep the H-Street’s value should you get bored after 20 minutes

Haze

Those trucks don’t appear to Independent.

Ride the best…

messiah
    Free Member

Similar dilema here… should I store or sell my original Santa Cruz Rob Roskopp Face and buy something modern to damage as I play with the kids?

cujo613
    Free Member

do you still have that colby carter by any chance

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Retro skateboard – worth anything?’ is closed to new replies.