Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Retro restoration.
  • Merak

I bought this off Ebay a few weeks ago. It was in good overall condition and I figured a light resto would sort it out.

Its original paint, considering its 28 years old its fared pretty well. I got some Tioga Competition tyres for it as the originals were perished. Some new Shimano DX copies, bars were powder coated. A new set of brake levers some Odi mushrooms, new padset, decals, layback post and a re relased Aeroyal saddle.

A good polish and that’s it finished. It makes me smile every time I open the garage. I do get some funny looks when I go to the shops on it though.

It makes me feel like a kid again.

Anyway now that its finished I just wanted to show it off. 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

Nice!

Are you on Retrobike?

Crell
    Free Member

Show & tell on Burnerworld!

Very nice,especially the dice caps 🙂

unovolo
    Free Member

I like everything EXCEPT the pads ,they look like they have been borrowed from a supermarket BMX.

I’d splash the £ for some reproductions.

nigelb001
    Free Member

Very nice!……but epic reflector fail. 😉

I’m glad the pads tell you its a BMX, otherwise I wouldn’t have known. 🙂

takisawa2

Mmmm. Time to mate the coaster brake Tuffs I have in the garage, with the GT Performer in the shed…

Merak

Agreed on the pads. They are Raleigh originals, I was having issues parting with the £50 odd quid for the replicas. They are nice though and your right. It deserves them.:)

unovolo
    Free Member

Too be honest with the repro pads it is difficult to see where the £50 has gone (After all there only a bit of printed nylon with some foam padding) but they do make a difference.

This is mine that I recently sold

jamj1974

Both are lovely. My mate had one like the OP way back when and I thought it was brilliant!

Merak

Unovolo; that’s a cracker. You must have been sad to see it go?

unovolo
    Free Member

Unovolo; that’s a cracker. You must have been sad to see it go?

Put a lot of time and money fully restoring it ,but it only got used about 3times after finishing it ,it spent most of its time hung up in my garage.

It now has a new owner in Brum,and the proceeds are now going towards a SS monstercross.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Retro restoration.’ is closed to new replies.