Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Retro Devil's Staircase pics
  • NZCol

Oh man i need to find my snaps from that era, have a similar set on that step down on ds about 88/89. Rigid Kona Explosif was my bike of choice and i still have it and will be rolling out on it for the SSWC, in a nurses uniform as well of course.

Sanny
    Free Member

Sheera's tights!

MY EYES!

What was he thinking? They were truly awful!

Got my first helmet in 87 – a Vetta Super Corsa – bright yellow. It made me feel special but not in a good way.

So who else pored through MBA for all the latest news on what was hot and what was not?

I may now have to dig out my old MBUKs!

Makes me laugh when I read postings on "will my 5 inch bike cope with Glentress?" – if in doubt, look again at the pics.

While I'm rambling, why did they stop making Groondies? They are still the best tyre I've ever used and that's not just rose tinted spectacles being looked through. Bring them back! I recall staying in the Pyrennes where the owner had some twenty of the things in storage – all in mint condition!

Cheers

Sanny

leffeboy

and massive bum bags as well (with the American label's spelling scored out of course). Bring those back too

italspark
    Free Member

happy days,
    i confess the barnacle photie is me coming off the radical road before i discovered the joys of chamois.
    for the record the ds race was won by paul enyon, the droid was 3rd, and kev dangerous crashed hard after the dyke photie, i know cos i patched him up

keep moontin

oh yeah,
    there were 50 entrants and they all got a prize

i got a copy of the results off derek purdy recently but cant put my hands on it, ive probably put it "somewhere safe"

leffeboy

Awesome memory. Is Derek still moontin then?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Italspark

I heard that Paul Eynon was working as a dentist in Kelty. Seemingly he commuted by motorbike and suffered an horrific crash. He was nearly killed, he recovered and is back at work.

Your Barnacle photie was at a Danger Day at Bonally.

mendne
    Free Member

Spoons yep, where is he now?

The Yeti got stolen out of Uni and ended up gettting insurance and buying a Pace RC100 and several other mountain bikes thereafter.

I moved to Hull after Uni and then lived in Australia for a while and Switzerland. Im back in Australia again working in the mining industry.

Still riding bikes, mountain, road, triathlon as well as numerous other sports over the years, (im sure youll get an idea off a google search).

Not sure where everyone else went, havent been back to Scotland for 6 or 7 years….

franki
    Free Member

I rode the DS back in the ’90s with my brother(not sure what year now) on my old Klein Rascal with Project 2s, Campag Centaur bits (so crap it’s unbelievable) , pink taperlites and Ritchey Megabites.
    Gut sunburned pretty badly as I recall!
    Got pics somewhere I should scan. 🙂

Waderider
    Free Member

The only bit of the WHW that is worth it. Given it is such a small part of the WHW, I like popping up on WHW threads to say “ride something decent instead” – causes a row everytime. Mind you, not hard to cause a row with the socially inept that hang out here 😈

Nice pics. Blew my fork up on the KLL descent a few weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Retro Devil's Staircase pics’ is closed to new replies.