Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Retro cycling heros – who's yours?
  • mildred

Hinault & indurain

jamiec360
    Free Member

The badger for me. Had his poster on my wall next to Charlie Nicholas. Saw him win 2 tours when I was a kid.
    Lemond was great too for me better champion and innovator than pretty much anyone else, was stood on the Champs Élysées watching the clock count down in ’89 while you could see Fignon in the distance coming in, amazing moment. Felt pretty sorry for the Frenchman tho.
    On mr Millar, knew him when I was little, him and my older brother trained together in the wheelers, seemed a very quiet and focussed guy from what I remember but guess you need to be to become a pro especially a British one at that time. I did make my mum buy a crappy fagor cooker just cos him an Roche rode for them 😉
    Did you know that Billy Connoly sponsored him and paid for most of his kit when he was an amateur? An unsung hero of Scottish cycling don’t know if he still does but there was always kit behind the counter in Billy Bilslands shop that the big yin had paid for or donated for young skint racers.

amplebrew

John Tomac
    Greg Herbold
    Thomas Frischknecht
    Tinker Juarez
    Ned Overend
    Tim Gould
    Barrie Clarke
    Dave Baker
    JMC
    Julie Furtado
    Paola Pezzo
    Alison Sydor
    Chantal Daucourt

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

GW
    Free Member

ah.. Brokeback cyclist ^^

RustySpanner

Djamolidine Abdoujaparov:

Hard man, lunatic, legend and mostly successful drug cheat.
    What’s not to like?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

MrSparkle – Member
    PS do NOT do a Google image search for ‘zak tempest brant richards’ or look at images 10 and 11, m’kay.

Ha ha…quality!

Possibly work safe…unless you work in the gay pr0n industry 😀

edhornby

indurain was boring to watch, having Leblanc design a tour with huge TTs to assist doesn’t make for spectating quality

I miss cipollini he was a dude

big_n_daft
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    you need to read the Graeme Obree autobiography and the short time he was in Le Groupment

I have, I’ve not seen any reference to Millar taking drugs… He was very anti. His doctor was keen on boosting which is different fromn doping….

read it again, it describes a lift in Millars car after a team presentation where he told GO how much his “preparation” would cost and was the final straw that caused GO to leave IIRC

emanuel
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Retro cycling heros – who's yours?’ is closed to new replies.