• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Results of medical test- heart rate & blood pressure
  • KT1973
    Free Member

I had to undergo a medical yesterday and my resting HR was 56 and BP was 104/70. I checked online and apparantly this (BP) is quite low but the doctor didn't express any concern over it. I'm 36/male and I'd also had several beers & wines the night before so I'm not sure if this would have affected it.

hora
    Free Member

Thats perfectly fine IMO. If I may say so sir alittle willy waving going on 8)

flap_jack
    Free Member

I think in a bike forum you'll find that resting heart rate is quite high. Do some more training, fatso.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Low BP is no issue until you start keeling over from it – beware postural hypotension – I have a few scars from it as I have low BP.

also your diastolic ( the low number) is not really low anyway – my BP is around 105 / 55 usually.

KT1973
    Free Member

Thats perfectly fine IMO. If I may say so sir alittle willy waving going on

🙂

I think in a bike forum you'll find that resting heart rate is quite high. Do some more training, fatso.

Yup I'm sure that's nothing special compared to most here- I was more concerned about the BP because the webpage I read says if the low (diastolic) drop to 60 or below you should see a doctor and that you could be prone to dizziness and fainting. This is the first time I've ever been aware (or cared to find out) my blood pressure so I just wanted to see how it compared to others here.
    Well, if yors is lower TJ then I'll wait until you keel over then I'll start worrying 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I do the keeling over thing relatively regularly and have the scars to prove it.

Drac

You have a healthy blood pressure and pulse stop worrying.

theflatboy
    Free Member

yep my resting HR is 42. yours is, frankly, pathetic.

KT1973
    Free Member

yep my resting HR is 42. yours is, frankly, pathetic

I'm really proud of you, but I'd be willing to help you get it much lower theflat(line)boy 8)

see what I did there?^^^

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, in case you've not gathered, you're absolutely fine. (Apart from the astronomically high pulse 😉 )

I wish I had your blood pressure.

DrP

SO you're well – never had any problems – but the internet says otherwise….

Oh dear… Dib's your bike…

DrP

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Results of medical test- heart rate & blood pressure’ is closed to new replies.