Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Results from idiet.
  • Solo
    Free Member

Molgrips.

Ok, quiten down. No need to shout.
    Remember, this is Ton’s thread and the dude did a stone straight off the top.
    Thats an impressive start, by anyones standards, I reckon.
    😉

You posted the words ” oaty cereal “, so I imagined something from a box, which would invariably have added sugar.
    But if you’re saying you were just pooring oats into a bowl and adding water or milk, then I have misread your post and I hope you can see how that could happen.
    🙂

So, how do you explain the change in cycling performance between oats and eggs ?.

iDave
    Free Member

just to get away from this silly hijacking and back on the OP’s topic

http://www.britishtriathlon.org/events/

😉

molgrips
    Free Member

So, how do you explain the change in cycling performance between oats and eggs ?.

By banging my head against a brick wall, apparently 🙂

I think that more simple carbs allowed more exercise which allowed the burning of more calories during and also further increased metabolic rate afterwards.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Staying OT… iDave – what % HR would someone expect from Tabata intervals?

Solo
    Free Member

not max heart rate Solo – that’s not possible

just a bloody hard effort for 5 x 4 min, 2 min recovery

Ok, my mistake there.
    Thanks for the correction.

I did try that HIIT thing.
    I did hurt myself.
    Which kinda put me off HIIT.

Anyway, I’ve no desire for top step glory and I’m in the middle of the mother of all house moves which has resulted in all my bikes being either in storage or unridable at the moment.
    So I’m controlling my weight via Diet alone.

The exercise and regaining of fitnes will come in the summer when, hopefully, the move will finally be complete.

BTW.
    After looking at that Mov nat site, makes me want to run around climbing stuff, but thats another thread I guess.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeti, you’re such a number nerd.

Solo
    Free Member

I think that more simple carbs

Thats what I posted and you bit my head off.
    😉

You weren’t getting simple carbs from your eggs and sausage, so you had oats, which you explain as simple carbs.

Think I’ll drop it here.
    While remainig confused on that.

Thanks for trying to exlpain it to me though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeti, you’re such a number nerd.

Sort of comes with the job! Plus I’ve got an HRM now and have been surprised that I don’t get my HR as high with Tabata as I do with other things.

molgrips
    Free Member

No you said I was fuelling my commute on sugar. Which isn’t true. The extra simple carbs (but not sugar) helped me work harder, but not by replacing all my fat burning with sugar burning…

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeti – yeah it takes time to get your HR up. Plus it depends on the activity. Max effort on the bike results in a lower Hr than max Hr running or skiing or something because fewer muscles are involved.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So far I’ve experimented with bike and rowing machine.

Highest HR’s have been clocked hitting hills after 25 or so mins on what is effectively a TT ride.

molgrips
    Free Member

Highest HR for a given perceived exertion for me was XC skiing. Zipping along at a comfortably quick pace was showing high 180s

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Since I’ve had my own HRM highest has been 188. Which is exactly what the basic calc for max HR gives me.

Have seen it in the 190’s but reckon that was down to the old polar HRM strap and crap gym machines.

188 on the bike is at the limits of comfortable!

singletrackmind

Would Idave work as well for active, manual labour type people who would like to loose only 3-4 kg’s?
    I think its amazing what Ton has achieved , just brilliant . Not sure if dropping that amount of weight is consistantly achievable , dont alot of dietists recomend steady weight loss over time?
    Dont want to feel tired all the time , just want my abs back.

Oh fffs .– iDave , please mail me the latest version . On hols next week (will be burning thousands of cals then) but once back will give it a go.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think it provably would work… go for it, nothing to lose except flab 🙂

MrsMugsy
    Free Member

Hello idave, after seeing regular thread about the idiet, I’m thinkin of giving it a go. Could you send me copy of the paper where it’s kind of described? just to get the main idea.

cheers

bene

Rockdodger
    Free Member

Hi idave i would appreciate if you could send me the details of the diet as i am wanting to try it.
    I was going to email you direct but there is no email address in your profile.
    My email is in my profile.
    Thanks Steve

timidwheeler

Idave, please can you send me the up to date rules as well. Have just started this diet using one of your old PDFs found with Google and it bas been working really well. Cheers.

ChrisA
    Free Member

Any chance of a copy too please? I’m really interested in it.

Email in profile

Thanks

molgrips
    Free Member

Welcome to all the new slow-carers 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is there any news on Ton??

iDave
    Free Member

when my domain hosts pull the finger out and get my email accounts back online I’ll send something out

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

TSY, I generally can’t get my hr up quite as high when training indoors (ie turbo intervals/spinning) as I can outside – maybe try Tabata outside, depending on what you are doing? 188 is also pretty comfortable for me…a few weekends ago when i was riding in a chain gang, my hr was sitting at 175 and i was talking easily/not out of breath and felt fine. My hr was showing up on an older blokes hrm which kept setting his alarm off as 175 was his max and he was very curious to talk to me to find out my max since i was so comfortable at 175. I only start to feel uncomfortable when i get into the 190s and hold it there for a while. Booked my ramp test with the club last night, time to see just what my max hr is and power is! 8)

As for me, now i’m racing/doing much harder efforts, i’m finding (as i did last year) i have a huge appetite and i can’t see me staying at 53kgs for long 😡

molgrips
    Free Member

DG heart rate values are not comparable across people. It’s determined by the relative sizes of the chambers apparently which is genetic. So the fact you were at 175 and he was at a lower figure is meaningless. I know a guy whose HR is 150 at max TT effort, and he is proper quick.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dirty – Molly speaketh the truth regardin HR.

Also, why does your weight need to go up? Sounds like you’ve got your diet wrong and that you’re not giving your body something it needs? How did you get on in your race?

I’m at a record low weight this morning.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I know they aren’t comparable across people 🙄 He was curious as he didn’t know anyone with a high hr.

I don’t know why my weight needs to go up, I didn’t say it did. I just find that when i push it on the bike, I get very hungry and last year, my weight went up a result. I don’t know if it will this year but I’m already seeing an appetite increase with upping the distance/intensity of my rides. My race was shockingly bad. I had the worst day on the bike that I’ve had in a long time, I had nothing in my legs and energy levels were so low. The worst bit was I went out for the club run the day after it and feeling so strong and good – the complete opposite from Saturday!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Stressing about the race too much?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

No, i oddly had no nerves at all. I had a big energy crash on Friday night when i finally got my shifter working and that combined with too much rest wasn’t a good combination. Active recovery is better for me i think. Still, everyone gets bad days on the bike, i’ve not had one for a long time and glad i’ve got it out of the way now!

dooosuk
    Free Member

Can I have a link/email with the info of which foods/meal suggestions too please?

Email in profile.

Thanks
    Andy

chomp
    Free Member

bung me on the list of people to send the info to as well pls iDave

having read most threads about this over the last year or so I’m now in a place where I think I can commit to trying this

Oh and top work Ton on the initial loss mate

nedrapier

One more for the send-out when you get a chance, please iDave?

Ta!

Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Results from idiet.’ is closed to new replies.