Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Restoring iPhone without passcode…
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

need to restore iphone of which we don’t have the passcode. usually connect to itunes with the home key depressed. iTunes detects phone in recovery mode so we can restore the phone. This all works great until afer about 15mins of downloading the new IOS version. iTunes then unhelpfully displays error that the phone has a passcode and can’t continue. iPhone returns to show locked screen. (SIM card has been removed) Anyway suggestions on how to resolve??

danielgroves
    Free Member

If you’re using iOS7 it’s a new security feature. The idea is someone steals your phone, but they can’t restore it to factory and thus they can’t sell it. I believe if you call Apple and verify you are the person who’s apple account is associated with the account they can unlock it, but don’t hold me to that.

If you’re using iOS6 still, then I’m sure someone who can still remember what to do will be along shortly.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Cheers DG…

xiphon
    Free Member

If you can prove to Apple that you own the phone (bought it second hand, or new, etc), then they can unlock it for you.

It’s designed to prevent stolen phones from being sold on (and it’s quite effective too!)

bokonon
    Free Member

Can you log on to iCloud and wipe the device from there? It’s part of the find my phone feature.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Restoring iPhone without passcode…’ is closed to new replies.