Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Restaurants on/near the City of London
  • lunge

Got a weekend booked away for my wedding anniversary and would like a good meal out on a Saturday night, ideally with a bar or 2 close by for a few drinks afterwards. We’re staying near St Pauls and so ideally would like something in that vague area.

Any ideas?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Foxlow
    St john
    Quality Chop house
    The Modern Pantry
    Moro
    Zetters
    Medcalf
    Club gascon
    Le Café Du Marche
    Hix

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cafe’ Rouge is across the rd from St Pauls 😆

Ok, walk up through St Barts towards Smithfields Market, turn left as you pass Carluccios on your left then walk about 50mtrs to Bird Of Smithfield. Upper open terrace, Organic food, cocktails, watch the sunset (one of few places around here that has a terrace.
    Or.
    Walk on through Smithfields, at pedestrian lights head right up the street, it’s a fork in the rd, right takes you around Smithfields, left takes you down Smithfields, take the left fork and you head to Farrigdon St, tak ethe right and it heads up to Clerkenwell, thast the one you want.. On the right about 60mtrs there is a famous organic burger restaurant with bar.

There are quite a few restaurants in Smithfields, takes about 15min wander from St Pauls. Most restaurants are excellent, it’ll be busy so keep that in mind.

Also (never been) if you head through Smithfields Market as above but take a right up Smithfields take the next left fork towards the large Iron Gates, just inside the gated Park there is a very good French Restaurant..

HTH

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

You wanna try the Sky Garden in 20 Fenchurch (the new walkie talkie)
    2 restaurants and a bar up there, and an experience to behold! be pretty cool anniversary surprise that would be if you can get in!

failing that, you can get similar vista’s at the Duck & Waffle on the top of the Heron Tower which has Sushi Samba next door. always a good night.

another option is Madison on top of that shopping centre opposite St Pauls. has a nice roof terrace with stunning views. bit wankerish tho. more of a bar really.

Pigface
    Free Member

Things may have changed since I lived in London village but the City was dead as a doornail on the weekend.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

that’s cos it’s the weekend and all the office-droids head home.

It’s buzzing during the week

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bleeding Heart, Faringdon. Well worth the stroll.

MrSmith
    Free Member

just inside the gated Park there is a very good French Restaurant..

Le Café Du Marche

Just avoid that Aussie Tosspot John Torode’s place in Smithfield it’s rubbish. city/st pals is very suit/touristy, i would avoid the area myself. so many good options around smithfield/farringdon/exmouth market.

bikebouy
    Free Member

FABRIC !!!

Duff Dufff Dufff 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Restaurants on/near the City of London’ is closed to new replies.