Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Restaurant, Sheffield?
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Any good recommendations?

Needs to be broadly european food (no chilli/curry/spicy stuff) and open on a Monday night. (Marco @ Milano was looking good, but they’re closed on Mon)

Cheers,

Jon

Pook

kitchen, ecclesall road. its excellent

brant
    Free Member

nonnas

Pook

nonnas? Brant, I never had your down as a pretentious over perfumed, overly made up 40 something sex and the city divorced woman with fake boobs.

It’s rumoured that they also fleeced a ton of suppliers by going bust and reopening. Ethics? Pff.

but they sponsor a roadie team so that’s ok.

docrobster
    Free Member

mediterranean sharrowvale road is good for fish not sure about mondays.
    How much you wanna spend?
    Restaurant at Beauchief hotel is good but spendy. had delish meal the other saturday but might be a bit much for a week night!
    milestone kelham island or the wig and pen they also own
    silversmiths?

docrobster
    Free Member

what pook said re nonnas!

docrobster
    Free Member

double post fail

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i was going to say nonnas,

does some nice food. cant comment on price as my dinner and lunch was payed for (by nonnas)

stealthcat

We aren’t paying – my dad is staying with us for a couple of nights and has offered to take us out on Monday night – I don’t think my cooking is up to his standards!

Quality is more important than cost…

ahwiles
    Free Member

the cricket inn – dore (really not far from eccy road)

the milestone – kelham island

rafters – fulwood

artisan – crosspool

zeugma – london road, for a very good kebab-on-a-plate

Pook

I’d avoid nonnas on both counts then..seriously there are far better restaurants in Sheffield.

try thyme cafe
    la Luna
    the milestone
    cubanas

docrobster
    Free Member

Quality is more important than cost…

tessa bramley’s pad?

Free Member

Hi

I went to Silversmiths a wee while ago when back in The Motherland, was blinkin lovely. Excellent food and service, it even satisfied the most traditional (read: none of that foreign muck) of palate!

Yeah, Nonna’s is OK but just OK, overpriced and a bit fur-coat and no knickers if you ask me. There’s the Milestone which again is excellent.

I was also over at The Cricket Inn too, that was quite reasonable – not excellent but pretty good grub and a decent location too.

JT

jfletch
    Free Member

I’d add to the pile on to Nonnas. Average, very oper priced and pretentious. Their roadie team seem the same!

I’d second

Thyme Cafe in Broohill
    Silversmiths near Halam Uni
    Cricket Inn in Totley for good pub food

I’ve not been to the Milestone but know people that recomend it.

Loads of others but since I’m a lover of spicy they would be no good to you.

docrobster
    Free Member

Must mention the beauchief again.
    click here cos google doesn’t find it
    Went a couple of saturdays ago.
    Really nice food.
    Starters a real “wow” (ie we took photos, chavs that we are)
    There is a woman in sheffield drives around in a Range Rover with plates MUM1E. On the next table. That sort of posh…
    I doubt most top end resturants are open on a monday though, that will be the issue

finbar
    Free Member

I’d add to the pile on to Nonnas. Average, very oper priced and pretentious. Their roadie team seem the same!

Average? That’s rather generous from what i’ve witnessed of their riding ability.

The Milestone in Kelham Island is excellent. Artisan in Crosspool is very good as well.

jimmy

Taste on Ecclesall Rd is chef’d by an Italian who worked at Nonna’s but saw them for what they were and went his own way. Its more of a cafe but *did* do Bistro evenings, but I’m going back a few years to when I were a Sheff lad.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I was at Artisan last month and it was lovely. Confit duck leg, om nom nom nom

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Morans, next door to the Bike Tree, is excellent.
    Another vote for Silversmiths too.

TheFlyingOx

We tend to go for La Terrazza on Sharrowvale Road when we’re down in Sheffield. Small, possibly to the point of cramped if it’s full, but really excellent food every time I’ve been in and the staff are about as good as you’ll get.

I’ll stick my +1 in for the Cricket Inn too, but “really not far from eccy road”? It’s miles away!

cpsilver

The Wig and pen, run by the milestone lot is good, its in the city centre

Nonnas, artisan, fish place on sharrowvale road is good. The silversmiths was shiite when I visited. Macdonalds on fargate was ok last time I went.

Pook

So we are all agreed (generally) that Nonna’s is bobbins?

Good.

TN
    Free Member

Efes on West Street/Glossop Road is really nice – mediterranean/turkish-ish food, not at all posh, but the food is delicious.
    My parents took us there about a month ago and they keep saying they’ll come over so we can go back – they are not usually *that* enthusiastic so their food must’ve been good too.

al2000

Maranellos on Ecclesall Rd is decent. Rafters at Nethergreen was really good the one time I went.

Another ‘meh’ for Nonna.

finbar
    Free Member

Rafters at Nethergreen was really good the one time I went.

I’ve always wanted to go there, but it’s a bit out of my price range. Is it worth it? Any chance of a bit a review?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

+1 re Nonnas it’s a ten bob millionaires hang out.

smoothchicken

Relish on Ecclesall Road is good, good portions and not too pricey, open 7 days. Nonna’s is bobbins.

TinMan
    Free Member

La Scala by Mill Houses is lovely, good food, nice atmosphere etc,
    Otherwise Chez Lalou used to do an amazing steak, but not been in ages

gravity-slave
    Free Member

In contrast to above, I went to the Wig and Pen with work and everyone took the piss out of the menu, expensive, odd combinations and tiny portions, we had to order bread and butter and chips to fill up. Carrots with coconut sorbet as a starter?! Check them menu before committing!

Silversmiths was better before the old chef left – he now runs Made By Jonty on Sharrowvale Rd, great daytime caf.

al2000

Rafters at Nethergreen was really good the one time I went.

I’ve always wanted to go there, but it’s a bit out of my price range. Is it worth it? Any chance of a bit a review?

Well, it was a couple of years ago, it was proper p1ssing down with rain and I can’t remember a great deal about it. Which doesn’t help much.

What I can remember is that the food and service were excellent, and that I’d happily go back but haven’t had the chance. My parents have been a few times since, and really rate it.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Restaurant, Sheffield?’ is closed to new replies.