Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • restaurant recommendation Ambleside please
  • karnali
    Free Member

as it says for mr and mrs k

ta

Bregante

Zeffirelli’s is nice

http://m.zeffirellis.com/eat-drink/

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Not in Ambleside but near it – the Wild Boar Hotel is a lovely spot. Great rooms, lovely woodland walks in its grounds, jaw dropping selection of ales and single malts and top-class scran in the restaurant. Highly recommended.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Jintana is a remarkably good Thai.

footflaps
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dodds up at the top of the town, 50 yards from biketreks. Ace food.

andyninerair9
    Free Member

Doi Intanon, very nice good atmosphere if seated downstairs
    tajore indian food
    great sandwiches from apple pie cafe

jambo13
    Free Member

+1 for Doi Intanon, been their twice and had good food and service both times.

The pub on Lake Rd (opposite Kelsick Rd) was also pretty good for food, and even better for beer! Can’t remember the name, on Google Street View it shows as ‘Lake Road’ but it’s changed name since then. (it’s next door to Restaurant Tarantella which was also ok btw)

Cougar

Zeffirelli’s is nice

+1; I’ve made the round trip from East Lancs before now just to go to Zeff’s.

sandwicheater

Just outside Ambleside but very very very good.

The Drunken Duck, tis excellent. Worth the cab ride but you need to book.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Had a lovely piece of lamb when we ate at Sheilas Cottage and was impressed by the food there. I wouldn’t describe the atmosphere as romantic candle lit though if that’s what you were looking for.

Really enjoyed the food at Zeffirelli’s too. Think we were there mid week and it was very quiet so lacking a little atmosphere perhaps but at least we had quick service.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

+1 on the Duck but you always used to need to book weeks in advance. The night we ate there we’d ridden Garburn/Gatesgarth/Nan Bield which wasn’t the best prep for a really good meal.

fivespot
    Free Member

+another one for the Drunken Duck, which also has its own very good micro brewery,win win.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Stampers – had a nice meal there, years ago now, but still seems to be hitting the mark . . .

link

soundninjauk

Quite enjoyed this place last time I was there.

The Drunken Duck is also amazingly gorgeous…

fannybaws
    Free Member

surprised it took so long for lucys to get a mention. i thought it was great but that was a few years ago..

footflaps

I wasn’t that impressed by Lucys, but only been there once.

The Thai, Doi Intanon, is always good.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘restaurant recommendation Ambleside please’ is closed to new replies.