Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Respraying Kitchen Cabinet Doors
  • damo2576
    Free Member

Gloss white doors, can I get them resprayed matt white? And will finish be ok?
    Anyone with any experience of using someone to do this?

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Just use a fine grade wet or dry sandpaper on them,take them off and lay flat on a bench or something similar, then use a small foam roller and oil based egshell white. Just keep them dust free for a few hours.
    Do not use a water based paint as you will not get the finish that you are lookig for.

BigJohn

I can get the highest quality kitchen doors made absolutely accurately to the millimetre. A door for a 720mm x 450mm cabinet costs me £19.40. Plus 1.20 for drilling the hinge holes.

Here they are.

Factor that in when you decide what you want to do.

Let me know if you want details.

br
    Free Member

We did ours with eggshell and a roller too.

The finish was decent enough that one of our friends thought we’d bought a new kitchen.

cr500dom
    Free Member

BigJohn – Member

I can get the highest quality kitchen doors made absolutely accurately to the millimetre. A door for a 720mm x 450mm cabinet costs me £19.40. Plus 1.20 for drilling the hinge holes.

Here they are.

Factor that in when you decide what you want to do.

Let me know if you want details.

Thats usefull to know, can you send me some details John ? as I need to sort some storage in our study and we were thinking of kitchen type doors
    cheers
    Dom

dooosuk
    Free Member

BigJohn – more info would also be appreciated. Email in profile.

Thanks

BigJohn

Mail, youse have.

mrplow
    Free Member

BigJohn, more info appreciated as moving into new house soon and am considering new doors. :mrgreen:

BigJohn

Send me an email (in profile) and I’ll give you more info.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Respraying Kitchen Cabinet Doors’ is closed to new replies.