Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • response to "I'm on a strava run"
  • legend
    Free Member

Tell your friend to stop making up stories?

+1

twinklydave

The bloke was being ironic, surely? 😯

Strava can be fun/useful and all that, but really, being a dick is just being a dick irrespective of why you’re being one.

Oh, and a suitable response wold be something along the lines of “Why is that anyone’s issue but yours?” or just let them past when it’s convenient to you to do so – sooner they’re gone, the sooner you can get back to riding without someone being a dick behind you 🙂

legend
    Free Member

starfanglednutter – Member
    ” Doesn’t look like running to me”
    POSTED 4 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Actually, If I was caught by a runner I wouldn’t be shouting about it

tomhoward

Respond in kind.

Stop, take out your penis, wave it round in a propellor fashion, tuck it in , then carry on riding.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

monkeyfudger – Member

Calling bullshit on this, be honest it never happened. If it did you should be ashamed for riding so slowly anyway you mincey ****.

It’s alrite, not everything you see or read has to be based on a real event. It’s called a story. Try using your imagination.

I’d shift if I could and tell him to go for it. Maybe he’d be one of the guys I’d see in the pub after and we’d have a chat about the route over a pint.

Or I could just be a miserable sod. I bet most of you in this thread are roadies

bigyinn
    Free Member

How very dare you sir!

taxi25
    Free Member

Does this actually happen or is it just one of those myths ?? Always seems to be said to a friend of a friend.
    I always make way ( when its safe ) for faster riders. But if someone were behind me bellowing it would be a long time before a “safe” place came up.

Could it be used as a sort of general excuse to get away with anything?

“I need to sleep with your wife, I’m on a Strava run!”

“Oh yes, fair play old boy, please do!”

clubber
    Free Member

At least, you know they’d be quick with your OH, I guess… 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Like skiing, the responsibility should be with the uphill rider (and faster ?) to avoid the downhill rider. Simple really.

In terms of OP, depends. Generally, I will always try to get out of the way of faster/better riders. But if someone was rude/being an ar$e then I may well stop and ask them to explain what Strava is? Is a Strava Run a new kind of 650b that combines the rolling superiority of a 29er with the acceleration and flick ability of a 26. It would be good for a trail wizard to let me know!

Do I need a Strava Specific saddle? And where can i buy one?

benji
    Free Member

Tell them to pin a number on and go racing properly, it seems to be the favoured past time of those of fragile ego. I like Strava find it useful for logging rides, and seeing how race laps differ in time and heart rate. But there is a small minority who have put it on a pedestal and see a KOM/QOM as the be all and end all.

Nico
    Free Member

What tyres for Strava run?

z1ppy

monkeyfudger – Member
    Calling bullshit on this, be honest it never happened. If it did you should be ashamed for riding so slowly anyway you mincey ****.

The guy is real & on here, but doesn’t post much, I’m not going to ask him to ‘out’ himself (no reason to). I have no reason to suspect he’s “making it up”, as in your late 60’s I doubt he needs to impress anyone with his speed or ability to make up tall stories.

Let be real, it’s annoyed me enough to post it, he mentioned it in passing, as to the rudeness of some idiots using strava. Personnaly I’m annoyed by the same idiots cutting corner on my local trails, to get a KOM.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Respond in kind.
    Stop, take out your penis, wave it round in a propellor fashion, tuck it in , then carry on riding.

That sir, I think you’ll find is commonly referred to as a ‘willycopter’

gazc
    Free Member

i’m on an endomondo run. f@ck off

AlasdairMc

atlaz – Member
    As long as it’s safe,

Great idea. Flag the segment. 😀

nedrapier

Over your shoulder – “Oh yeah? What’s “Strava”?”

See how much time he fancies taking explaning why it’s so important.

Still over your shoulder, slowing, for easier conversation (obviously): “Wow, so it’s like pretend racing, with strangers, over the internet?” etc

Sandwich

Pump or stick through the front wheel as he goes past.

“I believe you should say excuse me”

Mantastic
    Free Member

This happened one time to a friend of a friends friend. His friend was riding with a mate, his mate was with some friends in the pub when one of his friends mentioned: a friend of his wife’s brother inlaw had overheard a group of people who’s friend knew someone who had “strava run” shouted at them while riding once.

Must be true

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

This happened one time to a friend of a friends friend. His friend was riding with a mate, his mate was with some friends in the pub when one of his friends mentioned: a friend of his wife’s brother inlaw had overheard a group of people who’s friend knew someone who had “strava run” shouted at them while riding once.

I heard the same story, but it was the dog’s friends, cat’s sister’s owner.

z1ppy

My friend says, now he’s spotted the thread, he likes this response best:

gazc – Member
    drop a mahoosive fart in his face

scaredypants

I find it unbelievably inconsiderate of slower riders not pulling over.

This most definitely true for me (and the bit about not often being faster)
    “cool story bro” alert: (I had a 5 mile descent buggered up by some slow bloke recently – caught him and his mate 3 times, stopping for a minute or two to let them get ahead twice. 3rd time they’d stopped on a corner; the back guy moved over to let me through and his mate saw me come by and then set off again still in front of me – doddering along on his superbike. I stopped for ages and let them both get out of my way. Lad who let me through came over in the carpark at the bottom and apologised)

That said, demanding to be let through is as rude as holding someone up and not taking an opportunity to let them through

Manners on both sides and we’ll all be happy (most of the time)

glupton1976
    Free Member

“Your mum’s a starving nun?”

annebr
    Free Member

Cool, I’m on a Saracen Tufftrax. Never heard of a Strava Run, where are they made?

rusty90
    Free Member

My riding partner is well into his 60s and still stupidly fast downhill. He’s been known to pass people on a descent with a cheery call of “Let me through please, I’m an OAP”

tomaso
    Free Member

If he was a real racer he’d just be straight through :mrgreen:

Wishes he could find link to the video of the go pro footage of a guy jumping over a slower rider on a downhill run.

nealglover
    Free Member

Like skiing, the responsibility should be with the uphill rider (and faster ?) to avoid the downhill rider. Simple really.

That would be a lovely simple rule.

What if you are actually going uphill at the time though 😉

tomd
    Free Member

My mate used it last month on a ride (he’s not really a Strava type). A couple of guys riding with us take Strava a bit seriously, and he used it to wind them up massively on the down hills when they were holding him up. It worked a treat.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

Slam on

fasthaggis

I would shout “On yi go bonny lad” ,then slap his arse* as he went past.

*In an encouraging way of course

Leku
    Free Member

“Great – now I can work out where you live and steal your bike”.

Northwind

johnhe – Member

I’d pull over, strava or not. I seem to be in the minority, but I find it unbelievably inconsiderate of slower riders not pulling over.

Depends. If someone is catching me up, I’ll let them past, even without asking. But if someone says I’M ON A STRAVAAAA RUNNNN they can **** off.

jock-muttley

My strategy if ever caught on a trail is to pull over when safe / convenient (for me) to do so…. a polite request I don’t have an issue with but a “stravassole” would cause and instant anchor up / me making the bike as big as possible. :mrgreen:

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Normally pull over when or where I can, unless they’re being an a@#e, then they can wsit till I give a f#$#, which isn’t very often. 🙂

johnhe

Yeah you’re right. I’d pull over normally, but if so,done was being a dick, I’d linger in front of him for a while. Probably slow down actually.

crosshair
    Free Member

I send the wife down the trail to clear it for me then get her to radio back to me “All clear! OVER” before every flying Strava run. She then stops off the trail until I’m through and the dust has settled.
    Doesn’t everyone?

😉

richpips
    Free Member

He obviously wasn’t trying hard enough if he had time to say all those words.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘response to "I'm on a strava run"’ is closed to new replies.