Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • response to "I'm on a strava run"
  • z1ppy

Friend mentioned he was on a narrow singletrack in a local forest, just riding along, when he had a cyclist catch him up and shouting that ^^^^ at him, expecting him get out of the way.

Personally I find that unbelievably rude, to expect some-one to get get out of the way, because your riding faster than them. This is a forest track, not a racetrack

What do you believe is a suitable response to that?

wwaswas

derisive laughter.

nealglover
    Free Member

“I’m not”

rocketman
    Free Member

How about ‘Nobody cares!’ or ‘you are’

edlong
    Free Member

“Where’s your bell?”

iolo
    Free Member

I would intentionally block the cyclist if they were rude. Who the hell cares about strava?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Tell your friend to stop making up stories?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Was his name Dennis?

bullandbladder
    Free Member

“Your mom’s on a strava run!”?

atlaz
    Free Member

We’ve discussed this. Dennis is lost on Snowdon.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Really? That’s pretty **** rude if you ask me.
    I’d tell him to do one personally.
    There’s been times when I’ve been pushing myself trying to beat my Strava time, but im not going to start verbally shoving people out of the way.
    Get bent!
    Alternatively, find out their Strava name and destroy their time to get a KOM. (This only works if you are faster than pushy ****)

tootallpaul

“Well done”.

Said in a very condescending tone.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I wish Strava would f-off.

scruff
    Free Member

How about ‘ I fix the corners you cut, you ******* ****!’

drofluf
    Free Member

“Then you need to go a little faster than that”

bungalistic
    Free Member

Personally I would not move out of the way just out of badness. If they asked politely I would pull over at the next opportunity.

I’ve caught people before while recording my ride but it happens and it’s not an issue, I don’t usually ask them to move either I just ride behind at their pace, most folk are polite enough to pull over when they feel safe to do so, and that is just fine.

Don’t blame Strava for idiots behaviour either, an idiot on the trail will be an idiot with or without it and they were probably a knob well before Strava was about. Plenty of folk record their ride without feeling like they have to race every ride.

stevied
    Free Member

“Really? I’m Han Solo and I’m on a Kessel Run…Now overtake me if you want but I may go all Wookie on you!!”

andytherocketeer

Don’t need to find out their Strava name. Just find the new KoM, copy the GPX, stick it thru digital EPO and repost it under another name 😉

I’d slow down, getting ready to pull over at a safe point, since i’m not Gee or Greg. The pushier or ruder the guy behind, the slower I’ll ride. Strava or not.

andytherocketeer

Don’t need to find out their Strava name. Just find the new KoM, copy the GPX, stick it thru digital EPO and repost it under another name 😉

I’d slow down, getting ready to pull over at a safe point, since i’m not Gee or Greg. The pushier or ruder the guy behind, the slower I’ll ride. Strava or not.

edit: wtf @ double post.

benslow
    Free Member

“Personally I find that unbelievably rude, to expect some-one to get get out of the way, because your riding faster than them. This is a forest track, not a racetrack”

Really ?

We don’t all go the same speed although theres ways and means of politely notifying and passing folk ….

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Set up a new segment ‘I’m on a strava run, get out of my way!’
    Use digital EPO to beat his time 😀

chip
    Free Member

“Good god man, why did you not say so sooner”.
    Then immediately veer off said singletrack at full speed launching yourself into a large thorny thicket.

For heavens sake he is on a starva run.

Seriously if anyone catches me up, i am happy to let them past at the earliest safe oppurtunity, its nay bother to me.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Tell him the correct approach is to just shout “STRAAAAVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!”. Don’t slow down. Don’t wait for a response. Make the pass or die trying.

wwaswas

For heavens sake he is on a starva run

Who can get to the pie shop quickest?

atlaz
    Free Member

As long as it’s safe, let them past but I wouldn’t pull off the trail or stop just to make life easier for them

justatheory
    Free Member

Good luck

z1ppy

Benslow, I’m more than willing to allow anyone riding faster than me to pass, when it is safe to do so. Being expect to ‘get out the way’ is a different animal. The track in question, is narrow and on the slope of a valley, with no easy pass places.

TiRed

Since I’m likely to be riding with kids in front I’d tell them they can’t overtake as there is a nervous rider in front of me and they can wait until the end of the section.

I’d also slow down.

If I’m on my own, they won’t be overtaking anyway 😉

nwgiles

follow him home and steal his bike

Ask him “WTF is a Strava run?”

I’ve only heard of it because people on here witter on about it all the time.

brakes
    Free Member

why not just move out the way and let him get on with it?
    I might even shout “go on son”.

BigJohn

Maybe you just couldn’t hear his smiley?

Northwind

Tell him “Unlucky, I’ve got this KOM, you can stay where you are”

gazc
    Free Member

drop a mahoosive fart in his face

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Calling bullshit on this, be honest it never happened. If it did you should be ashamed for riding so slowly anyway you mincey ****.

johnhe

I’d pull over, strava or not. I seem to be in the minority, but I find it unbelievably inconsiderate of slower riders not pulling over. Admittedly, I’m not fast enough for me to catch people often!

gazc
    Free Member

follow him home and steal his bike hoard/car/wife etc

IanMunro
    Free Member

Violence.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

What is this having people catch up with you business? I’m unfamiliar with it.

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

” Doesn’t look like running to me”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘response to "I'm on a strava run"’ is closed to new replies.