• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by grey.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Resin jointing compound for patio?
  • Pieface

Currently getting a patio fitted and the fitter is asking if I want him to finish the pointing with resin compound or sand and cement. Sand and cement is cheaper but more time consuming, but I guess the time saving will offset the material cost. Question is, is it any good in terms of look / finish and durability?

Will be on Indian sandstone and the resin will be Rompox, probably neutral tone.

curvature
    Free Member

The resin compound is flexible so shouldn’t crack, that’s what I would go for.

Frankers
    Free Member

I’ve just had our patio done, also with Indian Sandstone. Our builder used Geo-Fix

http://www.geo-fix.co.uk/

eaststandlower
    Free Member

We had ours done last year with resin stuff. Looks better than the original pointing, and seems to be lasting better.

spooky_b329

I’ve used it, a tub from B&Q was OK but you can see hairline gaps along the slabs, main patio was done with a similar product but from a paving place and seems better, only cracked around a couple of wobbly slabs that need resetting.

Very easy to apply, basically just brush it over the whole patio with s sprinkling of water, shines the slabs up for a few weeks but no risk of cement staining.

grey

I use Geo-fix at work, great stuff. Has to be put in as thick as the slab is and a decent width of gap, it really doesn’t like narrow gaps. It’s very permeable as well, amazing to watch water disappear through it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Resin jointing compound for patio?’ is closed to new replies.