• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Resigning from work?
  • LMT
    Free Member

Just wondered best way to do it? i have to give 4 weeks notice to protect my pension and holiday pay etc..

Normally i hand a letter to my boss in the previous 2 times ive resigned. But modern tech etc, i know i shouldn’t text him, i do have a meeting planned so thought i could verbally tell him then follow it up with an email which ive already composed on my phone just waiting to send.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Typed & printed 2 copies of my letter, had a performance review on the day so nice and private. Handed over letter and let them read it.

Kevevs
    Free Member

“normally I hand a letter to my boss” That’s the best way right? here. I’ve got something for you…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mieszko
    Free Member

Handed in my notice a week ago. Official route meant going to HR to get a stamp and date on the notice. Then the not so formal way I went and gave a copy to my group manager as apparently this is considered more professional then waiting till HR let him know. Had a chat with him later etc. I would not do it by email if I had a chance to speak to my boss in person. If you do not like your boss then prob email would be ok, but if you’re getting on ok wth him I would go and have a chat.

richmars

Don’t see why modern tech makes a difference. Two minute chat, finish by handing over a letter.

MrSparkle

I think when I eventually do it it will be written in marker pen on the baseball bat…

LMT
    Free Member

He has stiched me up over the last 3 years, over and over, got to the point where ive had enough.

rickon
    Free Member

I wrote a letter, took it to my boss, and had a chat with him.

I was working in Newport at the time, and job was in a very nice place near Northern Scotland. He told me not even think twice about it and go.

Tell him in person. He may even offer you more money.

mrmo
    Free Member

I didn’t leave in the end, got offered more money to stay, but

I sent an email to manager to say could i have a word that i had been offered another job.

I had written my notice, but it was the best way i could think of of handing it over.

LMT
    Free Member

Coffee with the boss, i told him how things were, gave him my letter explained my reasons. He offered a made up job that we both knew didn’t exist, so my notice stands 19 shifts to go!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Resigning from work?’ is closed to new replies.